Friday, April 26, 2013

December Part 1


A friend convinced me that I should run the Santa Run at Town Square. I have never run any type of race and so I was pretty nervous. It was a lot of fun and I'm so glad I did it. I'm excited to do more eventually. December 1st
These are the ladies I started the race with. I was planning on staying with the slower of them, but then that ended up being too slow for me so I went ahead on my own. It wasn't a timed race so I had my phone with me so I attempted to do it myself. I know it was a little off cause I stopped it late but close enough! Chris and the kids were waiting for me at the finish line. It felt so good to have done this and I'm pretty proud of myself. Never been into running but I've always wanted to give it a try. We played at the park afterward and then headed home.
 That same night we went to see the Christmas lights at Ethel M Chocolate Factory. 
December 2nd. For family night we decorated our pre-made gingerbread houses(best decision ever)! The Elf, which Ryan named Mario, made his first appearance and brought gifts in our stockings.

December 4th we headed to Town Square for the park and some shopping. The kids love this park and so do I. They don't let you have food inside which kind of stinks but it's nice cause it keeps it cleaner. The weather was perfect for the park! We usually like to get a Lollicup drink on the way out. Watermelon and Strawberry are our favorites. 
Went to one of my favorite stores(Savers) and picked up this chair for our desk. Until now we've just been using one of the 4 kitchen chairs we have but it was time for an "upgrade." I love the chair and it's in perfect condition. The color is nothing to write home about but definitely doable! Dec. 5h
The new theme for Primary next year is I am a Child of God.  
 Chris celebrated his 27th birthday this year and we ate at Texas de Brazil. He also got a new T.V.
Got together with friends at a bounce house for a birthday party-kids had a blast! 
We ate breakfast with Santa at Town Square and got a much better picture with him this time around.(Not posted) Dec. 8th
Mailed our Christmas Cards. One of my favorite December activities. Not very often you get to send a card to old friends in the mail. Or should I say it's not often that I do!
Enjoyed lots of days outside playing.
Made our neighbor gifts and delivered them. We went super simple this year but I think they turned out cute. Thanks to Jamie for always making the labels for me!
I wasn't very good at making in time with the self timer on. Maybe because it was on 2 sec. I changed that once I realized how long this was gonna take. We put our Santa hats on to deliver our goodies as we did last year. So fun :)
I got our new family picture printed and hung, bought JOY letters, and we put lights around the house. Dec. 14th

No comments: