After having what felt like a bazillion file folders, I finally invested in a pretty filing cabinet which is perfect because it looks good with the desk we already have and now we have a place to put the printer so that the kids can't reach it and stick toys inside of it. It's so nice to have finally gone through everything I stash in the file folders and now have them all together.
Whit, Zoey and I met up at the children's consignment sale right by my house and then went to the park afterward.
Our kids seriously love to do this (being at the park as well as swinging together) so much.
Our ward has some great parties and this one did not disappoint. Our bishopric did a whole "Oh, brother where art thou?" lip sync that was so funny. I'm so thankful that my kids are having a wonderful experience growing up in the church. I know they're still really young but I know they're retaining more than we even realize. (Because of the way the panoramic picture works some people are missing arms or are really distorted!)
We have a photographer in our ward that always brings fun props and backdrops for us to take pictures. Such a fun memorabilia.
I can't remember if I've posted this, but this is at breakfast one morning when I was making a smoothie. I LOVE that they do this!
My computer had a major issue and we spent lots of time at this Genius Bar. Thank goodness the kids were entertained, but man alive I don't want to go back to that place. So glad our computer was still under applecare. We would have had to spend lots of $$. One thing we've realized is to do your own research and gets lots of opinions even from different tech people because one person may see something that the other doesn't. Also, like two months ago we got an external hard drive but we hadn't backed up any of our stuff. I was SOO stressed I was gonna lose all our pictures but thankfully we didn't! But we did march home and backed it all up. :)
Jake and Marissa moved. What?? It was so sad. I thought she'd get her way at least for another year. haha. I still look out my window and think about her not being right there. Ryan still talks about them even. He was playing with his cars just a of couple weeks ago (December) saying, "Ok, come on...we're going to Jake and Marissa's house." I love that it's always both of them and not one or the other. We miss seeing Cosmo and watching him while they're gone. I'll miss seeing Tyler grow up-what a fun experience it was to see him be born. I miss being able to hand things over the fence too! We're so thankful for all they did in helping Chris get to where he is today, they were such a huge blessing. Marissa has such amazing friends-Jill tracked her down at my house the night before she left. Above is Jake's master truck plan. As far as I know it worked! Although I'm sure they didn't plan for the flat tire on the trailer in the morning!
Chris went to school was some really great people. He worked so hard as class president and I know everyone including the staff was so appreciative of that. The last day of his didactic class time they gave him this sign. So clever huh? People wrote soo many nice things about him and as you can see it wasn't like a year book signing of "Hey UR awesome, call me over the summer," type of thing but heart felt feeling and compliments. He also got a gift card to Texas de Brasil, itunes, and Rave movie theater. The class all pitched in their own money to get him these things. He got quite a few other cards from other students after this too. Man, we really were so blessed to come here. I think back at how BAD we wanted this and how much we prayed about it, AND how much we tried to understand what the Lord wanted for us. So glad everything worked out the way it did. We used some of the gift card the same day....LOVE BRASILIAN FOOD!
I am trying so hard to remember what holiday we were celebrating but we went to this city's festival not too far from us and it looks like a ton of fun but it was SOO HOT. We really didn't end up staying too long. It was all free and they had lots of games and a huge blow up slide for the kids but it just was so crowded and hot that we really couldn't stay.











1 comment:
I just now read this. Thanks for making me cry. Please come be our neighbors up here.
Post a Comment