Tuesday, March 13, 2012

February 24th

I had been anticipating this day since Valentine's Day.  Chris and I exchanged cards and hung out with the kids that night which I was totally fine with. Did I mention that we had left overs as well. How romantic of me huh? Back to the card exchange. In his card he had inserted the following:
Well, I am horrible with surprises and tried to get it out of him for 2 weeks. My mom even knew where we were going because he had already called and asked her to watch the kids for us, but she wouldn't budge and tell me.  He told me that he was going to blind fold me the whole time as well- and he did! (the top picture was on the car ride there)

I figured we were on the strip after a while of stop and go and honking and then the speed bumps going into the parking garages. But where exactly, I was clueless! We walked a ways and he took my blindfold off and we ate at Mon Ami Gabi at the Paris. It overlooks the Bellagio Fountains. It was so awesome and the food was to die for. We tried scallops for an appetizer that we scarfed. And they brought complimentary bread and carrot spread. Which we enjoyed. Our meal though was so divine. I got the FILET MIGNON MERLOTand Chris got the STEAK BORDELAISE. We were way too stuffed for dessert!  As soon as we stepped foot out of the restaurant Chris put my blindfold back on. That's when it started getting crazy. We walked outside to mad strip chaos. I was holding on to Chris for dear life. We got the FUNNIEST comments. The first one actually was before we even walked outside and some guy yelled out, "You're in Vegas!" Others were, "Are you getting engaged?" "Why is that girl blindfolded?" "Oh cute, have fun!" He had someone take this picture as we were waiting in a line-he told me to smile. haha
He then told me to turn around and he had the tickets to the show "O" held up infront of me. Going to this show was on our "bucket list" and it really was so amazing. We had great seats(center, row 7) and it was so fun to spend this special night together. I love that Chris doesn't forget how to make me feel special. 
Thanks for a great Valentines "blind date!" Love you! 

No comments: