Friday, March 2, 2012

Dentist

Ryan had a couple of cavities that he needed filled and the dentist we went to put him "under." I was definitely really worried about this and hated seeing him in such a lifeless state, but it went really quick.
The hardest part was getting him to fast! In hopes that he would sleep in later we tried to put him to bed much later than normal. Result = he woke up earlier than he usually does! What?? So he had to fast for what seemed like a lifetime to him. He woke up at 6 and his appointment was at 9:30. He was so frustrated that we wouldn't give him anything(he did find some chocolate chips that he snuck a few of before I grabbed them from his hand!) While in the car crying he was asking for everything from cheese, bread, cereal, juice, milk etc etc until he finally said, "Can I have gum?!" Well, he wore himself out fast and fell asleep. I was glad though cause the dentist wasn't quite ready for us when we got there so the receptionist call me when he was ready. I woke Ryan up and as soon as I sat down the dentist had given him a shot. Ry didn't like that too much, but man alive that stuff worked extremely fast. He went and got a wheelchair and I watched Ryan in the most vegetable state I hope I never have to see him in again. It was so sad, I started to cry. But he got wheeled away before I could think too much more about it. 20 minutes later Dr. Sims brought him to me and laid him on my lap where he slept for another 1 1/2 hrs. Chris came after his test(that he passed :)) and my mom ended up taking Paige home about 30 minutes before we ended up leaving. Ry woke up like nothing had happened and wanted to watch spider man on dad's phone until we got clearance to leave. We took Ry to the bathroom thinking he must have to go...uh duh he's been fasting for 12+hrs of course he didn't have to go! He was dumb for a little bit, but it didn't seem to bother him. He had to stay home the rest of the day which is SUPER rough for this kid, but he went to bed at 7:00 and was out and about the next morning!
*remember the dead tooth he had in the front? Dentist sanded it down and covered it up.* February 24th

No comments: