Sunday, December 4, 2011

Paige: 5 months









I can't believe how fast Paige is growing up!  A few things about her at this stage as of today:
She's tried rice cereal, applesauce, banana and squash baby food. Likes them all. She is VERY squirmy when she eats and is NEVER concentrating on eating but more interested in Ryan, spitting, reaching for what's on the counter etc etc. 
No teeth or signs of.
Still nursing great.
Sleeping much much better, but not at 100% yet.
Has a high pitched squeal, that starts out with her mouth open and no sound coming out and then after a sec or two it comes out. It's soo cute.
Still loves eating her toes.  
I don't always have a headband on her, but I usually try and make her look like a girl with what she's wearing. People still call her a boy. Today at church she had a skirt and tights on and the lady sitting next to me in R.S. kept calling her a boy. Last time I checked I never ever put Ryan in a skirt and tights when he was a baby. haha. Really I don't care, it just surprises me.
Loves taking baths, she figured out how to kick and splash.
Grabs for any and everything.
Smiles a lot, but hardly ever for the camera! 
Likes her mamma...and her daddy too but I get more smiles out of her. :)
She is just so lovable. I wish I could explain in words more how I feel about her, but every word that comes to mind just doesn't even fully explain my feelings.  I hope and pray that she will always feel our love for her and know that she is a special daughter of God.  

I wrote the above things a couple of week ago and now things have already changed!
She's now tried carrots(which she loved! She ate the whole container) and pears. She likes the baby mum mum's banana rice thins.
I got her this Fisher Price space saver seat on black Friday for half off! I was super excited since we didn't have a high chair for her and we were just using the bumbo.
She has a great sleep schedule going on for the time being.  She goes to bed around 7:30-8:30. Wakes up around 6:30-7:30 to eat and goes back to sleep until 10-10:30. Then she takes a nap between 12:30-1:30 until about 2:30 then she goes back down around 4 for an hour nap.  It's soooooo nice to be getting some sleep! I don't know how long this schedule will keep since babies can be so unpredictable at times but that's ok.  
She's sitting up!  And staying up for a long time. Just this past week she's starting getting up on her hands and knees and rocking back an forth!  She army crawls to get where and what she wants. I love this stage in babies!  
She adores Ryan and he can be doing nothing and she'll just be staring at him and smiling.  
Nancy loaned us her bath seat when Ryan was a baby and it was so nice to have. I knew I wanted to use one for Paige, but they are hard to find. They don't even carry them at Babies R Us. The one I really wanted wasn't that expensive but it would have cost $18 to ship so I kept searching. I'm huge on reviews and so I did a lot of research and ended up getting this one from Walmart. It was a good price and had some nice features.  I've only used it once, but she was so happy to be sitting up on her own. :)
She really likes playing with her toys. Her favorite thing to chew on is the dropper on an empty medicine bottle.  She also really likes this toy I found at Savers in perfect condition. And she loves this one that we had with Ryan as well. 
Her stats at 5 months(we were gone when she was 4 months so she was 5 months old at her appointment)
Wt: 15 lb 15 oz
Ht: 24 3/4 in

No comments: