A little update on Ryan. This kid goes a bazillion miles an hour and keeps me on my toes, that's for sure. His potty training has been quite the interesting experience that we're still working on daily. He pretty much wants to be super independent with everything. While sometimes that is wonderful, other times it's really frustrating. I guess I'm still learning how to be a good parent so I'm sure he's frustrated with me as well. Well, we officially LOVE Vegas weather. I love that I can go to the park with him whenever I want. It never snows, hardly ever rains, can get quite windy, but it's bearable, and a light jacket is always enough cover up. I've been taking more and more pictures with my phone lately-not the best quality but I guess its the memory that's more important. :)
We took Ryan's binky away at the beginning of October. He was REALLY attached to it, but we were sooo sick of it, so we just went cold turkey. We decided it was the best way for him and it went way better than we thought it would. He cried for an hour the first couple of nights just to get himself to sleep. After having a binky for 3 years to get yourself to sleep and then not having it suddenly has got to be hard. We were very patient with him and after a couple of days he was adjusting well. About a month ago, I was putting Paige down for a nap and couldn't find any of her binkies in her bed (that's the only place we keep them) I had remembered early that day I found Ryan here:
So after finding a binky on the floor for Paige, I put her down and then went to Ryan's room and found these under his covers! What a little sneak! When I put Ryan down for his nap later he was looking all over his bed for them. He didn't say a word about it to me though, but I knew exactly what he was looking for!
Every morning Ryan wakes up and comes and taps me on the leg or arm to wake me up. For a couple of months he was waking up at 6:00 am! The first thing that comes out of his mouth is, "I wanna watch Curious George." Immediately followed by, "I want chocolate milk." I don't really know why he even thinks he has to tell me anymore 'cause it's such a routine he has now that I wouldn't think of doing anything else before those things are checked off the list. He usually sits in a chair that we have in front of the T.V. but sometimes he wants to sit in the bed with me. He's not an overly cuddly kid, but when he is I just soak it up. This particular morning was one of them and I loved how he was holding my hand.
About a month ago I was going to Marissa's baby shower and when I walked in there were all these cute school decorations and on one wall it said, "Welcome to Preschool." I was so excited to see that I might possibly know someone who teaches preschool. I had been looking around for a while, but couldn't afford any of the private school ones and I didn't know anyone who did in-home preschools. Well, I immediately asked who's house I was at and come to find out it's the 1st counselor in the R.S. I had met her a couple of times before and thought she was the nicest person. I asked her if she had room for another student and she gladly accepted him. (He makes 6 in the class) She lives just a few blocks away and I love that I can totally trust that he's in a good environment. She's totally helpful with his potty training and patient with his always wanting to play and not listen stage. She told me that he kept throwing things in her pool when she'd asked him not to several times so she put him in time out for a very short time and she said he was crying and she felt so bad! I hope he learned to listen...to her at least! His first day there he made this turkey hat that he wore around for a few days. He's always excited to wear his backpack, and hang up his papers on the fridge.
November 8th I scheduled both the kids for their Dr. appointments. I had Chris leave early from school so he could help me. Ryan doesn't do well with doctors. Well, he fooled us and did great! He didn't have to get any shots, but did get the flu mist.
Ryan's stats at 3 years old:
Height: 36 3/4 in
Weight: 31 lbs
Things he's saying:
Sure, why not
All set, Mom
We'll see-otay?
Wanna play with friends
Wanna talk to grandma or go to grandmas house and play toys
He adds 'for a minute' at the end of sentences
He has a play phone that he always calls Aunt Nancy or Aunt Dawn on-it's really funny the conversations he has with them. :)
Superday=super hero. He likes playing spiderman with dad. Val had this spiderman pj set in some clothes she gave me and he wants to wear it CONSTANTLY.
He's been singing "Up on the housetop" a lot.
I asked him a while back if I could sing him a song and he said, "sure." So I started singing something, I don't remember what, but then he said, "No mom, sing teach me, teach me." He must have learned Teach Me to Walk in the Light in nursery. Now he always asks me to sing it. I really have started reflecting on the words and the Spirit has taught me some simple but profound things.
Still loves his pink "baby blankie"
He eats cereal for breakfast everyday. Multigrain Cherrios or Frosted Mini Wheat
He loves playing on the Ipad
LOVES watching The Polar Express, which he calls the train movie.
I could go on and on but we love our little boy, who's growing and learning faster than we can keep up with! Such a sweet spirit in our home who reminds us that being a parent is hard, but also so rewarding and spiritual.





No comments:
Post a Comment