I saw this bookshelf on Pinterest a couple of months ago and I knew I wanted it! It's made out of a pallet. Joe is super duper handyman and so I showed him a picture and just asked him if he could get me a pallet. Next day he brought home a pallet....and made it for me!! It was so nice of him! He even drilled the holes where we would need to hammer it into the studs. Chris sanded and stained it for me. Ryan LOVES it and so do we. Now we need to make one for Paige. But until that happens I decided to make these. Kind of a funny thing, I saw a post on Eighteen25 where someone had covered the BIG letters with yarn saying BOO for Halloween. I thought it was soo cute. I thought, hey I'll just do the same thing with smaller letters and spell Paige. I was so excited! A few days later I was on Pinterest and I saw that my idea wasn't so new, but that it's a pretty popular thing! People's creativity amazes me! I did leave some of the chipboard exposed because you can't even tell when it's up on the wall. Anyway, I love them. I need to post a picture of them up in her room.
I am now a proud owner of a sewing machine! I am super anxious to get learning. I know nothing! I hope to be as good as my mom some day. I love that she can fix, make, attempt anything I've ever asked her to! I want my kids to be able to do the same thing with me some day. So, I signed up for an Home ec e-class.





2 comments:
Love Pinterest, and all the fun ideas on there, i need to actually do some of the ones i've saved! :) Love your letters. Those are super cute. YAY for a sewing machine. I've never been good at sewing, I can sew a straight line and that's about it. Hope you learn lots and have fun!!! :)
what is this class you signed up for?!?! i've been wanting to take a sewing class and just havent put forth the effort to find a local one. speak to me.
Post a Comment