Saturday, September 17, 2011

I love to see the Temple

I started getting the Friend Magazine for Ryan and I should be better at using it with him but I'm working on it. One thing he always does though when we get it in the mail is color the pictures.  He's really on this kick of giving the picture to you that he colors and he says "look, I made you mom!"  (aka, look what I made for you mom) and then we always have to hang it on the fridge.  Well, he colored this picture of the temple and asked for a piece of tape to hang it up. So I put a piece of tape on it and he walked over and stood on the couch so he could hang it by the picture of Chris and I when we got married.  It seriously surprised me so much, I've never told him that's where people get married. It really melted my heart though and made me so thankful for the little things he's learning.
Chris and I were able to go to the temple together last week while my mom was here and we decided to do sealings.  It was so great being together in such a wonderful place and remembering the sacred covenants we've made together.  Life is so crazy right now and I always feel like we're super busy with 2 kids, school and super tired from lack of sleep. Chris is so helpful with the kids and Ryan just LOVES when daddy comes home to wrestle.  Paige just sits and watches and Chris can always get a good laugh out of her.
I keep thinking of things to write, which have nothing to do with the temple but just what I've been feeling lately.  I'm enjoying our ward more and feel like we're getting to know more people.  I teach the Valiant 11 class in Primary(can't remember if I already wrote about this and I'm not going to go back and look) and I have 3 girls in my class. 2 of them are in young women's and one in Primary. I'm kind of remembering that I've already mentioned this. But anyway, I seriously love going to Primary. We're working on the program right now and there is this song that I absolutely love! It's called "If I Listen With My Heart."  I cry every time they sing it. Last week we had a combined practice with the Jr. Primary and man are they fun to listen to. There is always that one without a doubt that sings at the top of their lungs.  IT. WAS. ADORABLE. I wanted to sing that loud too!  haha jk
For the record here are the lyrics

If I had been a little child when Jesus lived on earth.  I would have liked to walk with Him and listen to His words.  But as I search the scriptures I can hear His words of peace, And if I listen with my heart I hear the Savior's voice.
I hear a living prophet speak the things that Christ would say
If He were here upon the earth to talk with me today. The Prophet
teaches how to live in righteousness and peace, And if I listen with my heart I hear the Savior's voice
I feel the Holy Spirit as He teaches truth and right.  He comforts me in times of need; He testifies of Christ.  He speaks to me in quiet ways that fill my soul with peace, And if I listen with my heart I hear the Savior's voice.


I am grateful for this calling. It has helped me feel the Spirit when I've needed it the most and when I've least expected it. Children can bring so much happiness in our lives if we have the patience. It's an on going processes for me, sometimes it's super hard.  I'm so thankful for our family though and that the temple makes it possible for us to be together for eternity.

No comments: