A few(or a lot really) of things about Miss Paige. Birth till now.
- For the first fews weeks she loved being swaddled. Once we moved to Vegas she no longer wanted her arms tucked in. Then we figured out she didn't even want to be swaddled at all.
- She LOVED her vibrating napper. After my mom left we took Paige out of our room and put her into hers. Although we still spent just as much time in there at night as we did in our room, maybe her getting used to her room was good. Well, she was pretty much out growing her napper but for a couple of weeks I tried to put her in her crib and she would never sleep! I thought I was going to have to buy a crib mattress vibrater. Well, one day it came to me. Karen-you never get a good nights sleep without your own pillow. So I detached the pillow from the napper and she has slept in her crib ever since. Princess Paige can't live without her Pillow.
- I love her blue eyes and she is getting a TINY bit more hair on the top of her head. This week I was telling Chris that I thought her eye lashes were getting longer and he said he thought so too. Then I thought about it and it wasn't that it's that they're not blond anymore but brown so we can just see them now.
- She is totally fine being in her carseat. Occaionally she will cry for a short time cause she tired, poopy or hungry, but I try and time the sleeping and eating around going out so that I don't have to worry about those things.
- Speaking of poopy-she poops A LOT. Like I have to change her diaper 2-3 times in an hour. Yes, we've gone through a ton of diapers. She got a diaper rash with Pampers so right now we're using Huggies and the Costco wipes.
- She likes her binky when she gets fussy. When she's content I don't give it to her and she's totally fine with that.
- She's started to smile more and more and WE LOVE IT! She'll even do a little laugh.
- I love watching her kick her feet and arms. She gets going pretty fast! She's started to pull her hands up in front of her eyes and then into her mouth.
- She spits up a ton. And has a lot of gas.
- Does not like tummy time
- She had her first ER visit last week. And really I took her to the ER cause I don't know where her Dr. office is nor have I been there yet, so I don't know if they'd see her for a sick pt visit. I went to get the mail and then we decided to sit outside for a bit. Ryan was drawing with chalk and I had Paige on my lap looking towards me. I noticed she had some white stuff under her neck which I assumed was dry spit up. I ran inside to get a wipe. When I wiped it she screamed bloody murder. She has no neck like most babies but she also has a major double chin so I never seem to look under there. Well I leaned her over my my knees and her neck was fire red. No joke. Chris pulled up right then, and thank goodness cause Paige wouldn't stop crying. I felt soo bad. He looked up an instacare and gave me the cross streets. Funny thing is that I didn't realize till after. The same cross streets are where the hospital is but one side of the street is Las Vegas and the other Henderson. So I ended up going to the ER and not the instacare. An even funnier thing is when I was looking for the instacare and couldn't find it, I asked a parking lot secruity guard where the instacare was and he said it was inside the hospital. I said that's the ER isn't it? He said "Insta means right away, like right now- an emergency." I just smiled and decided I would go to the ER since indeed I did need instant care. :) We had a pretty quick visit and I really liked the Pediatrician. He made sure it wasn't a yeast infection and then said to put Hydrocortisone cream on it for a few days and then Aquaphor. It cleared up real quick so I'm glad.
- She's pretty consistant with her sleep schedule right now. She takes a good 3hr nap in the afternoon around 1:00pm and it's usually around the same time as Ryan's napping. She goes to bed around 11:30-12:00am and wakes up at 4 or 4:30am then right back to bed until 7 or 8am. She'll stay up for an hour or so and then take another nap. I did that schedule all backwards but oh well.
- Paige likes to hold on to my shirt or finger while she's nursing. I think it's so cute.
- My absolute favorite thing she does is at 4am. After she nurses she is so tired and she rests her head on my shoulder. Her little mouth is open and she puts her arm around my neck. I pat her back a little to see if she'll burp, but she doesn't cause she's so tired. I just soak in the moment because I always have this overwhelming feeling of love for her. I just want to keep holding her. It makes me feel so thankful to be her mother and I'm so grateful for those tender moments that come even in the middle of the night.

2 comments:
What a beautiful baby girl! I loved reading about her and your experience at instant care! :) Hope you are enjoying Vegas!
Oh geez, she is very adorable! I am sorry I have been bad at getting together with you! I hope you guys are doing good, maybe one of these weekends if Chris isn't too busy we can all get together for a BBQ or something!?
Post a Comment