- He weighs 28lbs and I think he's about 33inches tall
- I think we started potty training him at the right time for him. He gets super excited for himself and I love seeing that. He has accidents and is still getting it down but he's done WAY better than Chris and I thought he would. The first day we took him to the bathroom every 20 min all day long. He didn't throw a fit except for maybe twice and it didn't last long. The second day we were a little more relaxed with it and didn't take him as much. I think he started realizing when he'd have to go and we could ask him. He went poop in the toilet and was so proud of himself. We rewarded him with a Cars2 car. Oh and the first day we gave him a treat for bribery, but he didn't really care too much about that. He loves Good and Plenty's (must get it from his aunt Val!) so we gave him those a few times but when he didn't remember we wouldn't say anything. We had gotten him a cool Lightening McQueen potty seat and he used that the first and second day, but then he decided on his own that sitting on the toilet was easier for him. AND he runs to the upstairs bathroom every time he has to go. He never uses the downstairs one. Weird. He poops in his underwear more than I would like. He starts in his underwear and then he finishes in the toilet so I guess he'll get it eventually. Other times he's really good and always goes in the toilet. Also, on the 3rd day I put him down for his nap without a diaper and he took a 3 hr nap and was completely dry! I was so excited. We still put a diaper on at night, but I don't know why cause he's been waking up pretty dry as well.
- He's learning lots of new words and phrases. As of late he says, "Guess what?", he asks "WHY" a lot, "that's funny mom or dad", "I want to play a game on dad's phone", "I want Party Juice,"He asked me the other day if I was hot and I said yes it's really hot and then I asked him if he was hot and he said "No, Ryan warm," He loves playing with Chris' ipad and when Chris gets home from school Ryan says, "Play game Daddy's ipad," Today he picked up my nook and called it an ipad and was upset when I told him there weren't any games on it. Ryan is VERY much a toddler. He talk back WAY too much and has started saying the things we say to him. "You listening Mom?, You hear me?, Stop it!, Want me to hit your bum? and NO!"
- He plays with his cars a lot and is always making up some scenario with them, or they are having an argument. It's quite funny to listen to.
- Says the cutest prayers. He blesses Mommy, Daddy, Ryan and Paige always. Then he always throws in something else. Last night it was his blanket and books and "drawing." He even says in the name of Jesus Christ, amen. It's so sweet. I'm sure it just makes Heavenly Father smile.
- He wakes up early no matter what time he goes to bed. I'm talking 6:00 early.
- He has been hitting and biting other kids and it's getting old. BUT what has really helped me is remembering what Cynthia told me. He doesn't know how to use "his words" to share what he's feeling and so he uses physical means. We have to be better at teaching him what to say when he wants something(that's usually the reason why he hits) or how to share and not get everything he wants.
- Happy to say that he stays in sacrament meeting
- LOVES Paige to death. He is always aware of her and is always trying to give her a kiss, play with her, give her her binky, wake her up in the morning and as of recent we have been singing songs with her and I found him on the floor with her yesterday putting her arms up and saying "Hooray Miss Paige!"(if you're happy and you know it)
- Still loves his chocolate milk and cartoons in the morning. Special Agent Oso, Sid the Science Kid, Mickey Mouse Club and Despicable Me and Cars2 are his favorites right now.
- Eats ok. likes salad and smoothies, popcorn, rice and beans.
- Throws tantrums when he doesn't get what he wants
- LOVES the pool and can swim with his life jacket on and is really comfortable in the pool. He does NOT like going under the water. He likes being in the hot tub though no matter how hot it is out.
- LOVES to play at the park or do anything outside that involves his friends.
- Doesn't argue when it's time for bed or take a nap. He knows his routine of reading Scriptures, saying prayers, and then books. He always says Love you mom, or dad. He LOVES it when Paige lays on the bed with him while getting ready for bed. It's almost seems like a comfort thing. He gets real close to her and we always have to tell him to scoot back.
- Still asks for Matthew and Andrew. Now he just points to the computer.
Wednesday, August 17, 2011
Ryan
Oh so many things I can write about Ryan. Every day I notice new things he says or does and I want to write about them, but never make the time. Here is what I can remember today.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment