Sunday, August 14, 2011

Friends and 4 year Anniversary

The last two months have actually felt like 2 years but they've been good so I guess that's ok.  We're pretty much all settled in here in our cute house except for a few odds and ends that I need Chris' help with but nothing too important. I need to take pictures of our place, I'll just have to find my point and shoot because my other camera lens won't work in a small space. We've been keeping busy playing with friends, potty training, "crib training,"and swimming.  Besides missing family and friends A LOT, we are really loving it in Nevada.
I was really worried that I wouldn't have any friends here to talk to or hang out with and I'm so thankful that it's been totally the opposite. Before I had Paige I got a horrible sinus and ear infection. I wrote about that before so no need to re live the experience, but Chris gave me a blessing because I was so miserable.  I admit, I should use the blessings of the Priesthood more often, but I can maybe count on one hand the times I have asked Chris for a blessing.  Anyway, besides asking for a blessing of healing he asked Heavenly Father to bless me with friends when we moved.  I was surprised but thankful for Chris in being so mindful and concerned with something that was really worrying me. He blessed me again with the same thing the night before Paige was born.  I'm so thankful that Heavenly Father has blessed us both with the most amazing neighbors.  Jake and Marissa behind us and all the people that live in the houses on our cul-de-sac.  They all have kids (except for one-he's a single guy who's hardly ever home, but he's really nice) Although they aren't LDS, we are excited to share the gospel with them.

Tina and Rich have a little girl named Ella and Tina is due next week with another girl.  Tina stays home and although it's too hot to hang outside during the day, Ella has come over to play a few times.  She's 4 and just says the cutest things.  For instance: Me-"Ella would you like a peach?" Ella-" No Miss Karen my head likes them but my tummy doesn't."
Then there is Jenny and Joe. They aren't married but have been together for 4 years. They moved in a few months before we did. Jenny has two boys Gio(8) and Donavan(6).  I actually don't know Jenny that well at all she works during the day and doesn't really come outside at night when ALL the kids get together.  But Joe is home during the day (he has a computer job so he can do things from home) and is renovating their house so I see him a lot.  The boys have come over to play as well and enjoy Ryan's cars and looking around the house.  Gio told me that we are the coolest neighbors ever.  It made my day.   Next we have Ron and Cynthia. Cynthia is Mexican and she reminds me of 2 people. One, Gloria on Modern Family and Two, Irma's from my mission. She is soo extremely sweet and would do ANYTHING for you. She lives that Latin lifestyle of everyone on the block are my kids and they are welcome in my home anytime.  Feed them, change them, love them, whatever they need she's on top of it.  For this reason she has already watched Paige and Ryan while Chris and I have gone out.  It was hard leaving Paige for the first time with a "stranger", but she made me feel like I was leaving her with my mom.  I just hope that I don't come home to her ears being pierced.  That's from an episode on Modern Family when Gloria gets Lily's ears pierced when she's babysitting.  They have 2 girls Sophia (8 1/2) and Gabriella (4). Sophia reminds me of my niece Lauren(loves kids, hears everything that's going on and is very helpful) Gabriella is just a goofy girl. She loves to sing and is actually quite good at it. A couple of weeks ago I left my flip flops outside on their porch and so they had put them back on my porch. She came up to me when she saw me outside and asked if those were my "chanclas." I said they were and thank you. Then I asked her if chanclas was sandals in Spanish and she said, "no, flip flops is how you say it in Spanish, chanclas is English." Oh gosh, I laughed it was so cute.
Ron and Joe remind me of Rick-Mr. Handyman. Seriously between the 2 of them we could get our cars fixed, house renovated, dinner grilled and kids watched. Every morning Ryan wakes up asking to play with "friends," and it just makes me happy that he loves being here.  Another thing I was even more worried about.
A couple of girls that Chris knew when he was living here have been so kind to invite me to hang out and it's been fun getting to know them even if we don't live super close.
And Whitney-my blessed Whitney. I could write a book about her. In short, I love her to death already and she has been an amazing friend. Ryan and Chad are only 2 months apart, and they have fun playing and beating each other up. And Paisley and Paige are only 3 months apart and lets just say Paige weighs more than Paisley.  :)
So, the Lord has blessed us extremely and I know that he is mindful of us.  I hope in time that we'll meet more people in our ward.
Paisley
Chad
Gabriela and Sophia
Ryan and Ella
Donovan and Giovani

Chris is doing great in school. He goes to school around 6:30 and stays till 5. He's pass all of the tests that he's taken so far and is going to run for class president soon, which is right up his alley. He's been a big help with the kids when he gets home and I know he's living on little sleep, but hopefully when Paige gets older she'll go to bed earlier and so can we. Chris got an iPad for school and that has helped his studying a lot.  There are some pretty cool apps and features that are really convenient.  And let me just add-Ticket to Ride is pretty awesome to play on there. We celebrated our 4 year anniversary on the 11th. Cynthia watched the kids(Ryan was horrible-he bit and hit Gabriella). We went to Town Square and ate at Texas de Brazil. A girl from Chris' class gave him a discount card to use or else we wouldn't have gone there. Then we walked around afterwards and made a stop at Yogurtland. Yup, I know why everyone loves that place now. We held hands, laughed and just enjoyed our time together. It was perfect. Oh and he surprised me with flowers and came home early from school that day. What a treat.












Chris' Yogurt:
Carmel Almond Bar
Double Cookies and Cream
Red Velvet Cake Batter
Dutch Chocolate
Toppings:
Butterfinger
Brownie Bites
Condensed Milk
Chocolate Sauce


Karen's Yogurt:
Cinnamon Graham Cracker 
Topping:
Graham Cracker

2 comments:

Whitney said...

You take the greatest pictures!! And make me blush when you talk about me. I can't tell you how blessed and happy I am to have you-the Lord knows us and what we need-that's all I have to say!

Dawn said...

Another reason I need to come down! Pedicure and Yogurt!! Keep it coming and I will be there by the weekend:)