The last couple of days I've really felt like I've needed something more in my life and that something, somewhere is lacking. I pretty much knew what it was immediately and realized I need to change. I have to make a conscious effort and make this change a routine. I've realized how easy it is to have Ryan on a routine and how I thrive off of his routine and it just makes every day go smoother. Are there days that things don't always go as planned? Of course, but we always get back on track. I thrived off of a routine on my mission. It was "heavenly" and I realize now how good it was for me! I had a concrete direction and meaning to my life. The Lord's way may not always be the most convenient at first but then as it becomes a committed routine it is easy. Obeying the commandments is what will truly make us happy. So, today I have started my new routine. I feel refreshed and ready to become more of who I really want and should be.
Thursday, September 9, 2010
Routine
The last couple of days I've really felt like I've needed something more in my life and that something, somewhere is lacking. I pretty much knew what it was immediately and realized I need to change. I have to make a conscious effort and make this change a routine. I've realized how easy it is to have Ryan on a routine and how I thrive off of his routine and it just makes every day go smoother. Are there days that things don't always go as planned? Of course, but we always get back on track. I thrived off of a routine on my mission. It was "heavenly" and I realize now how good it was for me! I had a concrete direction and meaning to my life. The Lord's way may not always be the most convenient at first but then as it becomes a committed routine it is easy. Obeying the commandments is what will truly make us happy. So, today I have started my new routine. I feel refreshed and ready to become more of who I really want and should be.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
i couldnt agree more about routines. kids thrive on them and so do adults. it leaves less time for idleness, which is as we know trouble. :)
Karen! I read this post and know exactly how you feel! At least I think I do... I've been thinking a lot about the kind of woman that I want to be, what it will take to get me there etc. I actually started a new routine last week and it was great! Morning scripture study for the first time since college. It's hard, but I'm lovin' it!
Amen woman you nailed it on the head! I can't imagine when I have more than one and its just going to get harder and harder! Sometimes we are so exhausted and we just want to relax, but it's so important! Absolutely love this pic!!!
I love what you said because I can totally relate. Sometimes you just go through the motions of daily life and forget to focus on the things that really matter. Well Josh and I are sitting here after church and thinking about you three! Remember our fun Vegas get away? We need to do a fun weekend thing when we get back and some bear lake trips next summer! Love you guys!
agreed! I loved this post, and have realized even more in the last six months how important my own routine is and how important a routine is for my little familiy. Thanks for putting all this into words! I loved it!
Post a Comment