Jess and I took the boys to the aviary on August 18th. The boys pretty much threw rocks the entire time, which was nice for Jess and I because it was in the shade and we just sat on the bench and caught up. I'm so grateful for her. She is such a sweet friend and I'm so glad we get to see each other even though we don't live as close anymore.











1st try was a no go, so we waited 10 min and tried again. We failed. I hate that, especially since these are way cute of Jess.



They enjoyed breaking the rules and going under the chain so they could reach more....rocks of course. You can tell how hot it was. Ryan's face is bright red.
As we were walking around looking at the birds in the cages he went and got his drink and snacks and sat down in front of them. Like he was all ready for a great show. It was the funniest thing ever.

Poor peacock was running for his life. 

I turn my back for two seconds and I hear "ah oh mommy." Ryan threw his snack thing in with the ducks. Oh gosh. 

We got to feed these beautiful birds while we were there. The boys couldn't do it, but I think they still had fun watching the birds fly around them. You hold an apple in your hand and then put your arm straight out. I had a blast and took some pictures of the birds close up with my other hand.

(on my arm)




2 comments:
You took some great pictures!
so jealous of your fun get together. wish emi and i could have come. miss you lots.
Post a Comment