

This was supposed to be of the both of us.
We were a little off. :)

Grandma's driving--good, scary, old, humorous, adventurous.



She loves getting pictures. Dawn sent some in an envelope for her and we all looked at them while we ate our oatmeal cookies. An absolute must at grandmom's house. We usually eat the dough at our house-but she's not a big fan.







Day 1
Chris and I left at 4:45 on Wednesday morning. Rick was super nice to wake up early and drop us off. My grandmother picked us up with her friend Tess at the Dulles airport around 3:00. We went home, ate and then she drove us to the temple. It's only a 20 minute drive from her house. We decided to do sealings because of the amount of time we had and we were able to sit in the celestial room. We were all by our selves and it was so beautiful and peaceful. Until I was 8, I lived in Maryland and our church building was right next to the temple. I remember going to the visitor center during the holiday's and seeing the trees decorated, we would watch the live nativity they would have outside and I remember the view of the temple from the freeway. The last time I was at the temple was when Nancy and Jay got married there in 96. As Chris and I walked up to the doors I just felt a rush of memories flood over me and then just excitement that I was finally able to go in. I'm glad that Chris and I were there together and that we were able to make it apart of our trip. On the way home we drove by my old house and also the house where my dad grew up.
No comments:
Post a Comment