The tour included the Thomas Jefferson Memorial, the Franklin D. Roosevelt Memorial, the Korean War Veterans Memorial, the Abraham Lincoln Memorial, the Vietnam Veteran’s Memorial, and the World War II Memorial(and a couple smaller ones). It may seem dumb to pay $20 a person to see all these places that you can see for free on your own, BUT the guide told many interesting stories, facts and took us to a few places most people don't know about. It was long, we were tired and super duper hungry. But it was way worth it. ESPECIALLY because at the end when we went to pay her, she said they were doing free tours that week! WHAT? We just saved $40! So we took a cab to the metro station because we couldn't walk one more inch. Then we spent all of that "saved" money on the biggest meal at UNO. It was awesome. We didn't get home till 1 am, but Grandma was all smiles and ready to hear about our day.
We got to see the coolest full moon ever while at the Lincoln Memorial. There were a ton of people just sitting on the stairs just watching the blood red moon come up over the WM. It was so hard getting a picture without a tripod but I found an orange cone to rest arm on so I could get a better picture. 








1 comment:
LOVE LOVE LOVE your pictures, and Karen I LOVE LOVE your hair! When did you cut it? It looks so good on you! The nights when I wake up with a kinked neck cause I was laying on my head weird makes me want to cut my hair! How are you guys?
Post a Comment