Monday, July 19, 2010

2: The Horse

I have never rode on a horse. I have always wanted to and today was my day! I was scared. I was also scared I would drop my camera. It's the first time and the last time I will try and take pictures while riding a horse. I had to do it with one hand while swaying back and forth and while "trying" to steer Diamond C. Not a great idea. Needless to say I had a blast! I love how beautiful Colorado is. It really is so breathtaking to me. I finally just put the camera away and just took it all in. When I first got there I was standing in front of this horse while waiting for the guide to assign all the guests a horse. Glad I got lots of pictures of him before hand, because he ended up being the horse I rode. I just thought he was a really beautiful horse. His knee gave out and that's why he has a brace on it. Maybe they should have put one of the 12 years old on him. Poor horse probably wanted to kill himself the whole ride. :)
This was my first attempt of taking pictures while on the horse. I couldn't exactly turn around and snap a picture of Ashley who was behind me so I just put my camera on my shoulder and clicked. It took me a few tries to finally get her in the frame! The first of many blurry pictures that I took. I actually like this one.
This man's name is Gabe, he's a farmer. He saved my life a few times while on this horse. Every few minutes he'd turn around and ask if I was ok. When we'd have to go down a steep hill I'd hear him say "lean back and squeeze your knees together!" Gabe, thank you for keeping me alive. I also learned about all the stuff he farms and how much his hay costs and what size Wranglers he wears.
This is me holding on for dear life. It doesn't look like it, but I really am.

Gunner, the funny little dog that was with us the whole time. He really was having a blast you could tell.

The next few pictures that don't look blurry where when we stopped for a few minutes while the guide was talking. Although I still took them with one hand because you can't EVER let go of the reins. Pictures can't even explain how beautiful this view is!
This is our guide. He was the weirdest, grossest man I have ever met. I was a couple horses behind him and he talked to Gabe and his wife the whole time. Ya know, about life on the farm and being out in the wilderness and naked girls. It was more than I ever wanted to know and maybe if I would have known how to steer a horse I would have gone to the back of the pack. My horses name was Diamond C. This was imprinted on his right side.

While I was busy being a country girl Chris took Ryan to the hot springs. I really wanted to go, but I couldn't really do both. Chris said Ryan had a blast though! Wish I would have been able to take some pictures of him there.

No comments: