Friday, February 19, 2010

One Sick Puppy


This little rock lover won't be playing outside today, one cause it's snowing and two because he is sick. He wasn't acting sick at all yesterday and had a great dinner and I went to run a few errands while Chris put him to bed. I got home around 9:30 and Ryan was still up to my surprise. So I put my stuff down and Chris said he had been crying for about 40 minutes. Very unlike him, he usually goes right down. So I took him in his room and sat on the spare bed to read him some book and he threw up everywhere. We put him the bath, cleaned up the carpet, changed his clothes,brushed his teeth, gave him some water, put the bed spread in the wash and put him back in bed. 20 minutes later we hear him crying so we went in and he had thrown up in his bed. So minus the bath we did all the same things again. 20 minutes later he threw up in his bed again. Meanwhile Chris called the on call nurse and he threw up on me. She said not to give him any water, that his stomach just needed to clear everything out. Ry was so exhausted, he was so pale and lethargic. I finally decided to lay a towel out on the extra bed and lay there with him so I could be good and ready when he would wake up;which he did for the next 2 hours. We called the nurse again around 2:30am and she said to take him to the E.R. Chris gave him a blessing and at this point he wasn't throwing up any food just the nasty bile stuff. I hate that. So he threw up in the car on the way and then when we were in the E.R. 2 more times. They weren't busy so I was glad about that. It was nice to see a few familiar faces when we got there though. Janel Francis checked us in and then our R.N. was a pt. we had at the Legacy OB whom I loved. Ry was asking for a drink the whole time we were there and it was so sad cause we couldn't give him anything yet. They gave him some Zofran(love that stuff, used it while I was pregnant) and said clear liquid diet for 24hrs. We got home around 3:45 and he slept till 6:30 when he woke up crying. He didn't throw up though which is good so I rocked him back to sleep and he woke up around 8:45 and an hour later he is sleeping again. It's going to be a long day, but I'm so glad that I can be home with him. I'm so thankful that my mom said one day I would need lots of crib sheets, blankets, pajamas, and a couple mattress covers. She was right and I was thankful I had them! Hope he feels better soon, I miss his busy, crazy, cute self.

4 comments:

Scott and Chelsey said...

That is just crazy! That poor little guy! Wow that is scary that he threw up that much. Hope he gets better soon!

Brian and Jessica Quigley said...

I'm so sorry! I don't envy you at all. I hope he gets better soon, but I have to tell you that the "One Sick Puppy" picture is the cutest picture ever. Your new camera and class skills are awesome! Let me know if you need anything.

Eddie and Amber said...

Oh no! I'm sorry you have a little sickie! Sounds like a rough night.

RJamie said...

I'm glad you are all feeling better. Sick kids are no fun!