Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Too long of a post, I know...



I feel like I haven't blogged in forever even though it's really only been a couple of weeks. The last 2 weeks have been so crazy though. So here is the run down of the random stuff that's been happening. Chris started a new semester and although he could have graduated this semester we decided to wait. Another long story but to make it short....he had 4 job interviews the week that school started. He has been applying to heath care jobs for a little while now and of course all four interviews had to happen the first week of school. I guess it really was better because then he could move around his schedule easier than if he got a job in the middle of the semester. 2 of the jobs were in Provo and 2 in SLC. He had the 2 in SLC on Tuesday and Wednesday and the Provo ones were to be on Thursday and Friday. Ideally he wanted to work in Provo but at this point we really couldn't be picky. (PS Chris already has a job working for my Dad, but since he is going to PA school he needs health care experience) Anyway, the one on Tuesday he said went ok and the interview on Wednesday he said went great and they basically offered him the job on the spot. He got along really well with the boss and they really liked him during his group interview and then he had a personal interview. As he was driving back to Provo a HR person called and offered him the job. We were both so excited, but he also really wanted to interview with the jobs in Provo, but he didn't want to let this one pass by. So, my short story turned into long, but oh well. He took the job in SLC and started the next Monday. He goes to school in the morning and then straight to work until 6 and then fights the traffic home. He's taking some really difficult classes this semester but so far he has done really well. So last week, the first real week of school and work was less than desirable to say the least. I had a few melt downs, but somehow we are all alive this week. hehe. Ry was SOOO fussy, ALL day every day for the whole week. And he only wanted me! We finally figured out that he is getting another tooth, but also that he had an ear infection along with a nasty runny nose. We hardly slept all week, but I am happy to say that so far(it's on Tuesday, I know!) we are all doing better.
On a happier note, I have exciting news! First, I have to say that this past fast Sunday I tried to do a real 24hr fast and lets just say I only made it half way through. I got another migraine headache and thought I was going to puke. I got one this past summer and ended up in the ER, but this time I was able to take something and it went away within a few hours. So, I did a half fast and got whole blessings(adapted from Brian Reagan's "half game whole snow cone")I say that because I have truly felt so watched over the last few weeks. Funny how that works since I wanted to run away last week but as I prayed constantly, I felt so comforted. So... Chris got a job, we found my long lost wedding ring(lost it 8 months ago), found our mail key and my rx sunglasses, and we got called to teach the Marriage and Family class in our ward. I am so thankful that Heavenly Father is available 24/7 and that I can feel of his love when I am striving to do those things that I struggle with. He sees my efforts and makes sure that I know that he is proud of me. Oh, and the other exciting news is that we are moving to Centerville in May. It's probably kind of silly to be so excited, but I am excited to be there during the summer. Ry will be able to see his cousins more and he will have a yard to play in and my sisters dogs to tackle and maybe Chris will be able to spend some time with us as well! :)
Also, I've made a few new recipes that have been yummy, I started to read Hunger Games, we watched Julie and Julia, I've gone to the gym 5-6 days a week for the last 3 weeks and am trying to eat healthier, I have been to Costco waaaay too much, Chris has his first intramural basketball game this Friday, Ry fell asleep during the first hour of church in Chris' arms last week(miracle!), he really likes blueberries, new season of Project Runway started last week. I love that show. Paige a roo is getting married, went to her shower on Saturday, so fun to see everyone and Tera is having a baby! SOO exciting!

6 comments:

LindsMcConk said...

Wow! That's a lot going on! I'm excited for you guys with the new job and the move and everything else... What a crazy time of life! I love your pictures by the way :) Who do you have take them?

Ashlee said...

Wow! I love long posts. It's good to know what's really going on with people. Aunt Dee had mentioned the move to me and I was so excited for you guys! She also talked about how dang cute that little Ryan is (Aunty Nat said the same) and how he is just GO, GO, GO! So to hear that he's only gained one pound since his last visit makes sense to me :) I'm glad to hear things are going well for you... jobs... callings... all great things! Miss you guys!

Ashlee said...

Oh! Okay I left another comment on Ryan's post but I didn't dare leave another one further down so I'll say it here...

Is that Steven's girlfriend I see?!? I have heard such WONDERFUL things about her and I was wondering if that was her in the shot with Aerika... she's cute whoever she is :)

I am bummed I couldn't be there this year :( but it looks like you guys had fun... and maybe next year!

RJamie said...

Holy busy batman, I'm glad you guys are doing well. Sorry it's been so hard. Where are you going to live in Centerville? Your parents house? I'm glad Chris got a job. Yea for him! Love you guys.

Cal and Whit said...

Whew! I loved this post! SO much news and that darling pic of Ryan! I am sure wishing now that we would have been hanging out since we lived so close for all this time! Darn it! Congrats on everything. This was a fun update to read!

Chelsey said...

Busy girl! That's so exciting about the new job and all of your other good news. So fun that you are going back to C-ville soon. Sometimes I wish I could click my heels together and say 'There's no place like home' three times to get back, but no such luck. Maybe someday we'll be able to return to UT...