Monday, October 26, 2009

Pear

I haven't posted anything exciting for the last couple of weeks cause we haven't been up to much. Just the daily routine. Although now that I think about it, 2 weekends ago we went to Park City just for the fun of it. It was a beautiful drive. I love driving through the canyon. Last Monday we went to a Halloween dinner and program at Gardner Village. Forgot my camera of course and still waiting for the brother in law to send me a picture. Steven R. Harris if you're reading this... Dawn watched Ryan and he had a blast with his cousins, two flights of stairs and the dog. On Saturday my sweet friend Bethany gave me her ticket to the BYU game cause she was out of town so my sister in law, Jamie watched Ryan and everything went awesome except for the game! Speaking of they are adopting and this is the link https://itsaboutlove.org/ial/profiles/22628742/ourMessage.jsf to their profile on It's all about love. Please keep them in your prayers and if you hear of anyone who is considering adoption send them to the link! They are going to be amazing parents and I can't wait!

I made this today and oooo it was yummy!!

Pear-Cinnamon Crisp with Vanilla Ice Cream
Filling
4 to 5 large pears
2/3 cup sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
Topping
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 cup pecans, very finely chopped
1 stick (8 tablespoons) melted
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.Peel, core, and dice pears. Place into a bowl and stir together with 2/3 cup sugar and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Set aside.In a separate bowl, combine flour, brown sugar, cinnamon, and pecans. Stir together. Drizzle melted butter gradually, stirring with a fork as you go until all combined.Pour pears into a baking dish; top with crumb topping.Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.Place pan on top rack of oven for an additional 10 minutes, or until topping is golden brown.Serve warm with vanilla ice cream.

2 comments:

Bethany said...

its about time you mention my name on your blog. glad you had fun at the game. and i still have to see you. the end.

Hailey Smoot Kandell said...

this recipe looks amazing. I want some right this minute!!