Thursday, October 15, 2009

Holy Ghost

"The standard is clear. If something we think, see, hear, or do distances us from the Holy Ghost, then we should stop thinking, seeing, hearing, or doing that thing. If that which is intended to entertain, for example, alienates us from the Holy Spirit, then certainly that type of entertainment is not for us. Because the Spirit cannot abide that which is vulgar, crude, or immodest, then clearly such things are not for us. Because we estrange the Spirit of the Lord when we engage in activities we know we should shun, then such things definitely are not for us." David A. Bednar

I was looking at some old mission emails and came accross this quote and I liked it so I wanted to put it in a place where I could read it more often. Made me really think deep down what and where I can do better.

2 comments:

Ashlee said...

Thanks for the quote! I love when pepole share things like this on their blogs. Also... I haven't checked your blog in a while and I have just had a fabulous time reading and reading. You are such a cute blogger! Ryan is so adorable and his birthday party looked awesome! Such cute food!

Scott and Chelsey said...

love all your posts! They are awesome and Ry is getting so big!!! We really need to get them together!