Thursday, August 20, 2009

Kirkland OH








Today we spent the day in Kirkland. It's about 45 minutes from my parents place. Ryan fell asleep on the way there and so my mom walked around with him while Chris, Dad and I did the tour of Historic Kirkland. It was the quietest place ever, so peaceful and beautiful. I have been there 3 times before, but this was Chris' first time so I was excited for him. I have such a great love and appreciation for church history and the early saints. Everytime I get to visit places they lived and suffered my testimony grows. I am so thankful that the church spends the time and money to restore these places so that we can visit them. At the visitor center right now there is a traveling art exhibit of one of my favorite church artist, Walter Rowe. All the of the paintings are large originals.
After, we did the Community of Christ Kirkland Temple tour which was interesting. This temple is beautiful and the history behind it is quite remarkable.

No comments: