Nancy lives in Pleasant View (near Ogden) and so on our way towards Salt Lake I suggested we drive out to Antelope Island. I'd never been there before and didn't realize that it was an all day adventure. From the entrance it's about an hour drive and you can do such things as go hiking, swimming, see wildlife etc. We weren't really dressed for the occasion so we just looked around for a bit. Even though it's a total desert it really was pretty. 

Next we went to Pace's Dairy Ann in Woods Cross. If you are ever there make a stop! We didn't go to eat lunch but just to have the RAINBOW! IT IS AMAZING!
Choose a kind of slush. Lime or Peach are my favorites and I can NEVER decide!


Next we went to Pace's Dairy Ann in Woods Cross. If you are ever there make a stop! We didn't go to eat lunch but just to have the RAINBOW! IT IS AMAZING!
Choose a kind of slush. Lime or Peach are my favorites and I can NEVER decide!
Then they add the Ice Cream
And wallah! Here you have it: the RAINBOW!
Then we went downtown to Temple Square. We had a tour at the new Church History Library(beautiful) and saw the Joseph Smith movie at the J.S. Memorial Building (always a tear jerker).

I love the flowers on Temple Square. I thought these were really neat looking. Kind of different. 
After Salt Lake we went back to Centerville to visit with Dawn and Rick. Chris played Wii with Matthew and I just rested for a bit. We then went to dinner at the Mandarin. I had the Pecan Crusted Halibut with Lemon Curry Sauce. I got it the last time I went with my sisters and it is so delicious! Chris got Mediterranean Chicken.



After dinner we went back to Dawn's to change to go to the temple. We actually had planned on doing this and we were super excited. On our way to the Bountiful Temple I asked Chris if he had our recommends and he said yes...but...he remembered that they just expired the day before! Funny thing is last Sunday we made an appointment to have them renewed for the next day! Chris' phone had died and so we didn't have the bishop's phone number. We really wanted to go to the temple and we were already on our way so we thought we would just see what they would say. So I'm frantically trying to call people in my ward to see if we can get the bishop's phone number and no one is answering. AHH! Well we pull up to the temple and this is what we see....

4 comments:
You two are in BIG trouble! There is NO eating in our bed!
Sounds fun. Funny how you forget what it's like to get to do stuff... You guys can always leave Ryan with us.
Bryan
Lucky you guys!! I don't know what we would do on a day to ourselves! Your pictures on your phone came out great! Those Rainbows look sooo yummy!
I don't know who "Janel" is but don't even think about leaving Ryan with her. He would miss me.
Post a Comment