Friday, March 13, 2009

This and That

Last week we went to the Draper Temple open house. We went during the day so it only took about an hour and a half. Chris had gone with his dad while I was in Florida and I still really wanted to go. It reminded me a lot of the Campinas Temple in Sao Paulo, Brasil. While in the MTC in Brasil we traveled by bus about 2 hours to the Campinas temple almost every other week. The other weeks we would go to the Sao Paulo Temple. They are both BEAUTIFUL temples. After that I didn't get to go until the end of my mission. I missed going sooo bad. Last night my mom came down to watch Ryan while Chris and I went to our stake temple night. I have always had a great love for the temple and even though it is more difficult to go as often as I would like I love when I get to go!

I think Ryan was getting bored in the "baby" tub so I borrowed this little seat from my sister and he loved it! We left the water running a little bit and his eyes were glued to it the whole time! We moved him up close so he could put his hand under it and he could not get enough. The funniest part is every time he would look up at us he had the cutest smirk on his face. Chris and I have enjoyed seeing Ryan learning new things. We recently started feeding him rice cereal with some peaches(later to find out that you should try applesauce or something a little more mild first...oops!) He has also been doing this funny thing with his tongue. We can tell he is discovering more and more that he can make new sounds daily. It's actually quite funny...even when he's mad sometimes we just laugh at him. (mean parents aren't we?!) Within the last month he has really enjoyed playing with his feet but a couple weeks ago he started sucking on them. I wish I was that flexible...not so I could suck on my toes but just to be that flexible would be awesome! :) Chris hung the jumper up in the family room(I had to give him something to do with his new drill besides hanging curtain rods since he doesn't really like doing that) so Ryan wouldn't have to hit the sides of the door frame anymore! Poor kid! He now has lots of room to bounce and swing. Rick did this when Matthew was a baby and it worked great so I wanted to try it and so far it has been awesome!! It was kind of scary at first because we borrowed my dad's stud finder and we weren't exactly sure that we put the eye hook in the right place so when we put Ryan in it we stood there and watched him and the hook for the longest time in fear that it would fall down. It's been there a week now and so far so good!
He LOVES to suck on the seat...it must feel good on his gums. No signs of any teeth yet.

Josh and Melissa came down this past weekend and I made this onesie that said "I Love the Shaw's" on it. Kind of corny but we love it when we get to see them!

Without fail he ALWAYS smiles at himself in the mirror. He knows he's good lookin' I guess.

2 comments:

Eddie and Amber said...

He is such a cutie!! He really did love watching the water. And I love his signature face with the Shaws. Your so lucky to have such a cutie!!

Brian and Jessica Quigley said...

Ryan is so adorable. I can't believe how fast they grow. It's amazing how much fun he can have with just the little things.