My parents opened their mission call this morning and they will be serving in Cleveland, Ohio! Specifically, in the city of Akron as CES missionaries. I have been doing my research tonight and I am thinking they will be working a lot with seminary and institute. The papers didn't say what they would be doing as CES missionaries so they were a little confused! This came as a shock to all of us since they had requested to serve in a specific mission and it wasn't this one! I thought most couple missionaries got to choose where they got to go and it was a done deal but it just shows how much the Lord cares about us individually and challenges us in ways we could never imagine. I know they will do an amazing job and I am so privileged to have parents that are willing to serve the Lord. Oh...the scariest part of it all is that they are leaving
March 23rd!

Side note: Ryan slept terrible last night and I woke up with the worst migraine ever. Chris had to stay home school to watch Ryan because I could not even function. I really wanted to be in Centerville to watch my parents open their call. They had to open it around 11:30 since the grand kids would be coming and going from school and other activities. Chris left for school around 9:40 and I left at 10:20 and Ryan slept the whole way...thank goodness! The point of all of this...I totally forgot my camera!
4 comments:
That is so exciting, but the 23rd is so soon! I bet they are up for the adventure though.
I'm sorry Ryan isn't sleeping like you'd like him to and that you had an awful headache. Isn't it silly how much our bodies can't function on sleep. Sorry you forgot your camera. Call me if you need anything, even if it is to come over and play with Ryan while you take a power nap.
That's so cool! I'm excited for you and your parents! love,
Nat
so exciting!!! glad you got to make it home...camera or no camera :)
REALLY???? I will probably see them at some point then. Erics parents live just outside of Arkon in Kent, and When Jessie Bessey was on her mission there (cleveland mission), My inlaws always had her over for dinner. How cool!!! I love Ohio!
Post a Comment