We've been trying to buy a house for a couple of months now-well maybe just one month really. It just seems longer! We've put an offer on two houses that we really liked and didn't get either of them. We were so bummed since we knew both of them would have made great homes for us. Since we got married I have been the one who's primarily dealt with the money. It has just worked for us and Chris said he trusts me. We've never argued about money that I can remember of- which I'm grateful for. Money is such an interesting thing-I was reading in a church financial book a while back and it said that God has created all things-including money-so he knows what we should do with it and what is in our best interest. I know it seems like a simple concept but I guess I had never looked at it in that way. As we've been looking over our finances and trying to decide what we can afford, Chris has felt somewhat out of the loop. Not being up to date on where our money is going it was frustrating for him and I don't blame him! So call it a mistake or just good timing for change we went over our finances together last night. It felt good to be on the same page. Basically what it comes down to is life is expensive! And it is always changing. We're just getting started, but just the thought of trying to get ahead and save seems so impossible right now. I've had our budget on my mind since last night and as I was getting ready this morning I started thinking about our tithing. Wow-that seems like a big chunk of the budget! Of course it's only 10% of the gross amount but still a good amount. I'm grateful for tender moments that the Spirit speaks to you and in that moment I heard that still small voice say to me. "Thank you."
I needed to hear that. It wasn't that I needed the reassurance that it's good to pay tithing, but it was more of a "thank you, I really appreciate it and I love you."
No comments:
Post a Comment