Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Utah in July

Chris flew back up to Utah after a week in Vegas all by himself! We missed him a lot! I really wanted to start Ryan in swim lessons and found someone in Centerville who didn't cost an arm and a leg but she was booked when I called her the first of June. She said she'd let me know if anything opened up. Well she called me the last week we were in Utah and she had an opening! I had actually already found someone in Vegas for when we got back but I decided the more practice the better so I went ahead it did it anyway. It was everyday for 30 min. He loved it and Paige was super jealous!
They had a really fun backyard besides the amazing pool. Paige was in heaven the last day, because we finally let her play!
The week after we got to Utah Ryan started 3 weeks of summer fun classes up at Smoot Park. He did a ball class first, then he did a tumbling class and then a preschool type class. They were all about an hour long. When I signed him up in May I was really worried that would be too much-but I should have known. Ryan is my go go go child that has to be constantly entertained so it was right up his alley. He started at 9 and went till 12.
So, my friend Jill had posted on her Facebook that her 3 yr old girl was taking private swim lessons and so I hurried and txt her for the lady's info. I set it up when I was in Utah to start the following Monday after we'd get home. I'd have to say it was one of my best investments of the summer. It was worth every penny. One, because she came to my pool :) Two, because she was soo sweet with Ryan. Three, he learned how to actually swim in 3 weeks. Four, it gave us something to do every morning! Five, It was fun to see Ryan feel good about something HE accomplished!
Paige and I enjoyed our little walks up to the pool. Sometimes I just had to snap a few pictures of her cuteness.
I was sooo proud of him and I really wanted him to feel special on his last day of lessons.  I made him this certificate and got him this batman mask he had been eying at Target for the last few weeks. He was SO excited!
Chris went paint balling with "the boys" Rick and Dawn. He came home bruised. Why this is fun I have yet to understand! 

I spotted this ottoman in Utah and I new I had to have it. I am soo glad that it wasn't that expensive. So maybe this was my favorite investment of the summer-because when we got back to LV our Costco didn't have it! I called around and it was on order to come in that week. Chris snatched up one of the few they had and we never saw them their again. Come to find out-Nancy had bought one for her family room too! We LOVE it!
I taught Ryan how to "play" Chinese Checkers. It's a fun memory I have of playing with my mom and grandma Clow. I hardly ever win so that's why I had to teach Ryan so that I could beat someone!
Leaving Utah is always sad but since we had been there over a month I think we were ready to go back home We had a GREAT time spending time with family and doing lots of fun things with the kids. The drive back was less than exciting! We hit all sorts of random weather a 2 1/2 hr traffic jam(for which we never knew why-no accident or anything!) a very short nap in the car for Paige and by the end we just gave her a case of wipes to entertain her. And by golly it sure did!!

Fun times at Town Square :)
Paige just being herself
Chris had to leave Utah to go and take an exam. We really wanted to be in Utah on the 4th so he flew back up. We went for doughnuts afterwards. The kids were ecstatic to see him!
Grandma Clow is now living at my parents house. It has been quite the adjustment for her, but we're soo glad she's close now! One thing that just brightens my grandma's spirits is gardening. She loves it, and she's really good at it! 
The night before we watched the fireworks with Dani and her family at Eaglewood.

The 4th of July festivities are a few of my favorites. The Centerville parade is the highlight for the kids and adults alike! We had breakfast with the Harris' at my parents home and then headed up to Main St.



Saying good-bye after the parade. We always miss our grandparents but we're glad we live a drive away
Caught Paige spinning around in her dress outside. It just looked so fun! Oh to be a kid again!

4th of July night we bought some fireworks and got together with the neighbors and our family for LOTS of fireworks.

I got a cute bracelet when I was at Dani's. You can find her stuff here . Love the costumes and
jewelry!
So it's obvious that I can't braid. I called Dawn and Breanne over to show me how. This was my first real try. It hasn't gotten much better since then. :(
Paige loves to help me fold laundry. She rolls them up and just puts them on the floor. It's actually really cute to watch her do it. Mind you in this picture I had JUST packed all these things in her bag.
Ya, we're kind of weird sometimes.
Love my family so much
I LOVED these pictures of her-just precious
LOTS of fun swimming this summer
Fun times at the pool with the Bishops. The kids always want to eat. And yes, that is peanut butter and jelly all over Ryan's face.
Ghimaldi's pizza with friends. The kids and I love this place. 
Our favorite:Basil, Italian Sausage, Ricotta. YUM YUM YUM
And after we like to hit up a little Nielson's. Sharing...it doesn't happen often
Stake 24th of July Celebration. It's a BIG deal here and it's a lot of fun!


Paige's favorite thing to do at the children's museum is any type of art!
Paige had her 2 yr check up. All is well-I can't remember any of her stats. I will have to look up her paper and post it on her. I'm thinking she was 30 lbs. though
Such a fun Dad Chris is!
You look good Ryan
More fun times at the pool with Whitney and the kids. This was at the Whitney Ranch Pool 
I love this picture- raspberry fingers and a cute smile


No comments: