Monday, October 14, 2013

Utah in June

Chris did his surgery rotation at LDS hospital with Graham for the whole month of June. We stayed at my mom's and we had a super busy, but fun month. To be honest I had a rough emotional pregnancy month and everyone had to put up with me. Thank goodness my mom was around to help with the kids-A LOT!
Debbie happened to be up from Arizona for most of the month and we were able to get the kids together at the park. They loved spending time together. They sure do grow up fast!

Baby James was born early and I'm soo glad I was able to be in Utah to see him! We had Dani's baby shower the week before and of course I forgot my camera, my phone was dead and Dani's phone was dropped in the washer a few days later and she lost all of her pictures! But we went to the Mandarin and my mom and I made these super cute(well at least I think so!) bow ties for her gift.

It was so great being able to see Matthew and Andrew and we loved being outside in the perfect summer weather. (It was extremely hot in Vegas this month and I'm glad we missed it...and the electricity bill!)
We always try and hit up Sky Zone
Miss Paige turned two June 11th and we went to the Zoo with my Dad.
I got Paige this game for her birthday and we had lots of fun playing it. Love her bracelets on her arms!

 Ryan asked to help Chris pump the gas and put on his sunglasses to make sure he could be just like Dad!
I got my ring re-dipped for the first time and it looked so AMAZING after! 
I was at Target making a return and I could NOT help but notice this madness in the card section the night before Father's Day! It seriously made me laugh out loud!
Oh you know just reading the morning paper with Dad...
Grayden came to play one day. Look at those cute bums eating popcorn and watching The Wiggles.
I took the kids to Discovery Gateway with our Nevada Children's Museum pass. Their favorite part was drawing and stamping on the never ending paper.
We walked down to the stream at Smoot Park. The water was cold but they didn't care!
Oh miss Paige got super sick one day. I was on my way to my friend Jessica's house in Spanish Fork. I heard Paige cough but didn't think anything of it until Ryan said, "Um Mom Paige is throwing up." to which I looked back and sure enough she was. I pull over while I'm driving on the freeway and get her all situated. It was everywhere and she was soaked. I didn't want to put her back in her wet seat so I stripped her down and moved Ryan to the middle seat and put her in Ryan's seat. I figured she wouldn't throw up again by the time I got home. I was on 3300 S.  I called Jessica and informed her that we wouldn't be coming and that we'd have to set up a different day. Well I was in Bountiful when she threw up again....I felt so bad for her but what was I thinking...now I had two car seats to wash! I felt soo bad for Ryan I had totally worked up going to play with a new friend and when we were headed back to my mom's he kept asking me if we were still going to go play. After I got Paige in the bath I handed her to my dad so I could go start cleaning the seats. The car smelled so ranky I didn't want to leave it for much longer. Well, my poor Dad got thrown up on while holding Paige for me. I don't ever know what was wrong with her other than she had a lot of Crystal Light that morning and she's never had that before. I think we were out of milk so I just gave her that instead. Maybe it wasn't even that at all, all I can say is it was a crazy morning!
Making Gak-the best playdough alternative!
I turned 30 this year! Chris wasn't able to be there because he was taking a test back in Vegas but he took me out a couple nights before(and we went to San Francisco in May-one day I'll blog about that!) My mom made my favorite cake (Lemon Cheesecake) and Dawn and the boys came over to enjoy it with us!
 We went to Copper Onion for my birthday dinner and then to the Grand America for dessert. We got gelato and some macaroons to go. Yum, I really do love macaroons.

We always like to try new stuff and we choose the Watermelon Gazpacho. It was just ok, but the rest of our food was soo yummy!
We saw a few movies. Paige made it through her first movie experience at the theater. Ryan saw Epic with his cousins this month too. Chris and I saw Superman with Chris and Danielle we went to the Mandarin beforehand with them and the Shaw's.
We finally made it to Jessica's the next week(pic. courtesy of Ryan). We played, watched Hayden play baseball and ate! It was so fun catching up. One day Jessica, Amber and I will all meet up again! Jessica sure taught me how to be committed to V.T. and Amber was such a fun person to V.T.. What  fun times the 3 of us had together and I'm so thankful for their relationship.


Dawn had to run up to Farmington Station one evening and she grabbed my kids and grandma to go with. She sent me this picture of Paige touching a snake! It was so random but she said their was a "petting zoo" going on.
Dawn did Paige's hair and it was sooo adorable! I have zero talent in that area.
Whitney. She deserves her own post on this good old blog. I have lots of great friends, don't get me wrong, but she and I have just gotten so close and I don't think I could live without her! I honestly can say(besides my mother) I have never meet anyone so loving and willing to give all that she has. She sacrifices so much of her time and amazing talents for others. She has so much patience and concern for all of those around her and I can't thank her enough for loving me(and my family) for who I am. Now onto the non mushy stuff!  She was in Utah for my Birthday and we got together that morning for breakfast at Kneaders in Lehi. Yum, Yum. Oh and you know you have an amazing friend when she sends you a pkg. of your favorite hand sanitizer and a gift card to Savers in the mail. Ha! I loved it!
"No talking Nana." Paige just gobbles up all the attention she can get from her grandparents. I love it and moments like these make me want to live closer.
Another AMAZING thing we were able to witness in June was Aaron's baptism.(He's the one in the grey shirt in the back) He has been friends with Chris since they were little. He was raised Catholic and his friends always tried to get him to join the church. He was always super supportive and had mostly LDS friends. He talked to many missionaries over the years but it wasn't until now that he made the decision to be baptized. He was ready and he made the decision himself.  It really was an amazing spiritual experience for Chris and his friends. Aaron choose a perfect time because all of us happened to be in Utah. A couple of weeks later Chris gave him the Aaronic Priesthood.


1 comment: