Monday, March 18, 2013

About a month ago I wrote this post....

Oh, it's been too long since I've actually done anything current on the blog. Always catching up on the past. But, here I am sick at home with 2 kids who are also sick. We've watched way too much T.V. and eaten way too much junk. Poor Chris has had to pull both our loads and he's doing a fantastic job. He's such a great husband. He's now finished 2 rotations, 2 months of family medicine and 1 month of OB-GYN. He loved his family medicine rotation a lot but his OB-GYN rotation wasn't the experience he was hoping for. He didn't see any deliveries and saw only 1 surgery the first week. The Dr. was nice just didn't mesh too well with him I guess. (I wrote that 3 weeks ago...that's how good at blogging I am these days)

Here I am again. Chris took the kids with him to his ward missionary meeting. He's nice like that. He usually comes home and says I'm never taking them again. He's a trooper. I actually never suggest that he takes them but he's just a great dad like that. So I did the dishes and cleaned up a little and then I thought to myself all the things that I could do with the house to myself and it made me tired so I sat down at the computer! I totally wish I had the energy a couple times a week to blog at night but I don't. I guess my t.v shows and the couch and my bed all lure me in much quicker.  I actually fell asleep at 8:00 last night. It was great...although I feared I'd be up up at 4 am. But, I wasn't and I think my body for sure needed the rest. I'm 14 weeks pregnant now and some days I forget that I've got a babe in my belly! That wasn't the case for the first 12 weeks. Man alive I was sick. So nauseous all the time. We found out over Christmas while we were in Utah. I was extremely tired and then the nausea hit almost instantly. I had to call my Dr. to call me in some Zofran. My insurance isn't covered in Utah, but I told Chris we had to pay for it because I was gonna die! Luckily I had some left over from Paige's pregnancy so Chris sent some more to me when he got back to Vegas.
Am I even going to blog about Thanksgiving and Christmas now that's it's March! Probably yes, but before that I'll probably put some random recent stuff first. Chris is now on his 3rd rotation at the Physiatric Hospital. He says it's interesting and he likes the Dr. he's with. He gives him topics to study every night and he always has patients to log so he's pretty busy with that. He's got a huge test coming up on March 1st that's he's been studying for after he gets off his rotation. I'm staying busy with the kids and life in general. Ryan has his first soccer practice tomorrow. I went and got him some gear today. When I told him yesterday that he was gonna play soccer he said, "But Mom, I'm gonna get hurt." I assured him he'd be ok, which I hope I'm right! I'm think he'll have fun and if not than I guess that's ok too. Paige is busy growing up and wanting to do EVERYTHING Ryan does. She no longer wants to eat in her chair but has to sit on the bar stool. No bib. Not anything that sets her apart as being treated differently. Unless that is having her binkie. We've got to work on that one soon.  She talks a lot and can pretty much tell you what she wants or doesn't want. She's still has lots of her cute baby rolls. At her 19 month appointment she weighed 25lbs.  She's wearing a size 4 diaper and to be honest we bought 5's for when she runs out of the others. She wears a size 6 shoe although I just put her in 6 1/2 and they are fitting well. She has kind wide feet so it's hard to find shoes that are comfortable for her. I think one of her feet is bigger than the other too. She's got a belly which has also caused her clothes to be getting small too. I'm starting to pull out the 2T stuff.  BUT she is a cutie and we just gobble her up all day. I really do just look at her and smile. She makes me so happy. She gives the best hugs ever and she still cuddles which Chris and I just love. She can still give a mean crusty face when she wants to but most people can get around it.  She's not going to nursery on her own yet. Does well with a babysitter though. We think it's because Ryan is around with her. He is so amazing with her. More times than not he is just super sweet and caring with her.  Not too fond of her playing with his Star Wars figures since they're like his right arm to him.  He has played with them everyday since Christmas. Has hardly touched any other toy. I got him 2 more figures for Valentines Day and he has thanked me EVERY DAY since then. He gives me a hug and kiss and says, "Thank you so much for the Star Wars guys Mom. I love you." He still loves school a lot and his teachers. Today when I dropped him off he ran up to his teacher(Ms. Karen) who was talking to another mom and just gave her a huge hug. It was adorable and I'm glad he loves her that much! He's doing well in Primary and really catches on to the songs. He still asks to be sung to every night and I love it. My mom has been requesting that he sings her a song when he talks to her on the phone and it's so cute to hear him do it.  The other day he was quiet in the car and I asked him what he was thinking and he said, "I'm thinking about Jesus." Today while at Target he really wanted to get this Super Hero Easter basket and I told him that the Easter Bunny brings that so we can't pick it out. He then asked me if the Easter Bunny lives with Jesus and"where does he live again, Mom?" I said in Heaven and he said, "Yeah, in heaven. Can we write him a letter and send it to tell him that I want this basket." Wow, what has Santa Clause done to us!
We flew to Utah on Christmas Day and my parents came to pick us up. Ryan was so excited to see the snow. This is seconds after he jumped out of the car. Paige enjoyed the snow too. Not as much as Ryan though.
My grandmother Clow was visiting for a few months from Maryland and she brought each of my sisters some jewelry that was special to her.
Paige's first time seeing a "real" phone. She was pretty mesmerized!   She does not like having shirts put over her head. We have to do it super quick. Well because she fights it and is trying to hurry and pull the shirt over her head herself she scratched her cheek really bad.
Dawn and I went to lunch and did some shopping. We went to this new paper store at Fashion Place mall. Chris and I had actually been to it when we went to Georgetown, D.C. a couple years ago.
We went to visit the Matthew and Andrew at school during lunch time. Ryan was in heaven when he went to play outside with them for recess.
A constant scene in our house. 
I can't remember why I took this picture but I'm thinking it's because      We have a problem.
Ryan was sick. He likes to lay in my bed and drink from my water cup.


I was making these for Dawn and I thought I'd have the kids try them out.

Sack races at preschool. She always tries to email us pictures which I love.
Paige got some stickers for Christmas from my parents and she constantly moves them. I finally put them in the trash when I just couldn't stand it anymore.
First time Ryan wrote his name ALL by himself. Such a fun experience to see him so proud of himself.
I have a drawer of old jewelry and makeup bags that she likes to play with while I'm getting ready.  He wanted me to take a picture of him with his dads shoes on and send it to him.
Our stupid light wasn't working in our family room for the third time. We obviously don't have a latter large enough to check it out. This light has been such a pain. In the day it's ok and we can survive but at night before daylight saving it's pitch dark in there at 5:00.
Paige LOVES Ella.

A few things I forgot to note:
Paige could be without clothing and a diaper all day if we let her. She just hates to have clothes on. This morning she woke up with her Pj's off!! I couldn't believe she could actually do that.  She will run away from you the second you tell her she needs her diaper changed. I don't know why she hates it that bad.  She's been obsessed with the Wiggles for the past week that we've had it. We rented it from the library and she asked to watch it the second she woke up. She put her hands up in the air and wiggle them and says "go,go." I've NEVER seen her sit through a show before except for Wiggles.  It was nice but I quickly returned it when it was due back because it got sooo annoying! She's been doing well with the withdrawals.

No comments: