Friday, September 7, 2012

Maybe...

one of these days I'll blog more than I have been. We've had such a busy summer so far with 2 fun trips to Utah which has caused me to get really far behind. I am too stinkin' tired by the end of the day that I just want to relax or go to bed!
Chris- is doing great in school and he is almost done with his first year! November 1st he'll start his clinical rotations. We don't know where that will be yet but I'm super excited for him. In one year he'll graduate! So crazy to think about, because I know how fast a year goes by! He's still enjoying being class president and does a great job at it! He recently had to speak at the White Coat Ceremony for the new classes and I heard he did a great job. The kids and I walked in as he was sitting down. I was so mad at myself. He has also picked up some work at school helping the activities director. And he ALSO got a new calling as the Ward Mission Leader. Whew...he is one busy guy but he always makes sure I get my time and occasionally we get to go on dates. :)
Karen-Nothing too new with me really. Still in the Primary which is going well. I really enjoy being with the kids. Speaking of kids I'm excited to have another baby when the time comes. Chris and I were talking about how crazy it is to even think about having 3 kids. Not really sure when we'll have another one, we're still praying and thinking about that one, but it's fun to think about. I'm still enjoying working out and striving to eat well. I've kind of stopped loosing weight which isn't what I want but I just needed a little break. As of yesterday and the pan of brownies I ate I'm back on track.  I decided that I really do like dessert too much to cut it out completely so I guess I have to serve the muffin top consequences! Running is still not really my thing, I get bored at about 3 miles. I know I need to just switch up my routine and that would help. I love the stair climber and doing the cycle class the best. I don't remember the last time I got on an elliptical.
Ryan-Such a funny kid he is. His world is still revolving around friends and being outside. He did start school this past week which is has been sooo excited to start. I thought about changing his teacher a few weeks before he started because she would be cheaper but(an hour less time though) I ended up keeping him with Miss Karen.  He already knows her and she was sooo patient with him and his pooping in the pants issue, and I really do like her a lot.
A few funny things I found scribbled down on a paper that he's said or done in the last little while:
"Feed the bug dinner Mom, he's hungry."
"Jesus told me to poop in the potty."
He calls his cousins his friends
"My pee pee won't go down!"
We were reading in the scriptures and I said the word "cause" and he stopped and said "Like Cosmo? Jake and Marissa's dog?"
When he farts he calls it burping. Haha. I would correct him but it's too funny.
We were stopped at a light and he asked to roll down the window. I told him no not right now, and he said. "No, Mom I need to tell that guy that he smells."  I looked back and was like "What?" as he pointed to the car next to us. The gentlemen had his window down and was smoking.
He's peed in the trashcan in the bathroom...twice.He's doing great at learning his Articles of Faith and has passed off the first 3 in primary. He he very proud of himself, which he should be!
He's gotten really independent with certain things such as putting on his clothes.(he knows the tag goes in the back or by his bum) He likes to open his own car door and put the top part of his seatbelt latch on. He puts his dishes in the sink or trash. He's great at helping me unload this dishwasher and putting his clothes away. They're great motivators for something he wants to do. Actually the other morning he wanted to go outside at like 8 am. I told him we had to empty the dishwasher and put away his clothes first(which hopefully I could drag out for an hour or  two!) Well we did get busy playing and doing other things. His friend knocked on the door to see if he could come out and play and I heard him from upstairs(he was with Chris) say, "Well, I can't until I empty the dishwasher." OMG it was so adorable. Chris told him he could go outside though...um maybe cause he didn't want to empty the dishes before going outside. hehe
Paige- Still so stinking cute and chubby! She pretty much follows Ryan around and wants to do anything he does. She has to have her own bowl and utensils, her own seat, her own this and that. Phew. Mom's tired from chasing her around. She doesn't really get into much that she's not supposed to. I remember Ryan was totally the opposite.  Although, she LOVES to get into my makeup drawer and sit on the counter with me while I'm getting ready. She loves watching Elmo,when Ryan and I let her that is! Ryan seriously could quote the one Elmo movie she watches. She will always remind us to say the prayer cause she folds her arms right as she sits down. She likes to color when Ryan is coloring. Thank goodness for washable markers. They should make them edible too. She's wearing 18 month clothing. She LOVES to dance and will always move her body when she hears music.  I've gotten her down to 1 nap which is great. She has off days of course but she's usually pretty consistant. And I try and get her and Ryan down at the same time. For 4 days she fought going to bed which was soo exhausting for Chris and I but when we figured out that she just wanted to play instead we just let her cry. She will eat or try pretty much anything we give her. She really isn't too much into milk. I mean she'll drink it ok but she's not addicted to it like Ryan. I try and make her a smoothie with it or give her cheese. She's actually really liking the spinach smoothie I've made her lately. Just frozen spinach leaves, milk, half of a frozen banana, natural pb. Gobbles it right up. :) She likes edamame too.




No comments: