Wednesday, April 25, 2012

3 1/2 and 10 months

Paige is 10 months! I think she's beautiful. She's getting quite the personality these days. 
She loves being held
She has a fake laugh, she totally pulls it out when we're laughing about something for real
Sleeping ok
Eating great
She's always trying to give you whatever she has in her hand-that's what she's doing in the picture below
She thinks it's funny to put her binky in my mouth. Without fail she does it every morning. 
Still just has one tooth-but with the way she's been sleeping lately another one better pop up! 
She went swimming at the pool for the first time this week. No pictures cause that's pretty impossible to do while I'm holding her in the pool. :)
She LOVES books





Mr Ry Guy is 3 1/2 yrs old!  Wow, I could write a book about this kid. Are most 3 yr old as emotional and attitudie (made that word up) as he is? Phew-we're exhausted. BUT at the same time he has many many redeeming qualities that we can't get enough of.  First things first, he is so loving. He will give you hugs and kisses and tell you that he's "happy to see you," or he'll ask you "how's it going?" He could play his friends from sun up till sun down. He LIVES for friends. I have a feeling this will not change.  He will usually do what he wants regardless of what you tell him. This scares me. I think I better start praying for help with this now, because I think I can already see the teenager he's going to be.  He loves his sister like crazy. Always has to go get her when she wakes up or he wants to wake her up when she's sleeping. Asks me daily, "Can Paige play in my room?"  We still have the same bedtime routine with him that we've had since he was born. He likes reading books, but I recently started to lay in bed with him and tell him stories. He loves it! Chris started doing it as well, and we've come up with some pretty funny stuff. Eagles and Dinosaurs, Ladybugs and Kites are among his favorites. We always let him add to the story and that's when it gets funny. He loves being sung to as well. Always a primary song, but occasionally he'll ask for us to sing "Baby." He loves that song. Proof- I just asked him what his favorite song is..."Baby...I want to sing Baby. Please mom!" He loves to dance and "exercise." He's learning how to draw objects. I haven't shown him how, but he'll bring me a picture after he draws it and he'll say, "look mom it's a kite!"  And they really look like it! So cute! He always wants to call someone on the phone or talk to whomever I am talking to. Current movie addiction is the Chipmunks "the boat one."
I can't remember if I documented the sweet little moment he and I had a few weeks ago. I was laying down with him for bed and I asked him if he'd sing me as song and he responded politely, "No, mommy you sing to me." Whenever I sing to him I rub his back and his hair. I never knew if he really liked it, but assumed he did since he never told me to stop. So as I started singing, he rubbed his little hand on my arm and then on my head and and didn't stop till I was done singing. I wanted to bottle up the feeling I had in those few minutes and keep them forever. Love this boy.






1 comment:

Dawn said...

That picture of Paige in the stroller looks like you have twins in a double stroller! Too funny