Wednesday, February 1, 2012

1st day of Primary

Ryan,
Are you seriously old enough for Primary?! Where has the time gone? I remember when your Dad and I were in the 171st BYU student ward and I was taking care of you by myself while your Dad was in the Bishopric. I remember what a little stinker you were cause you wouldn't sleep in your carseat or while being held! We remember walking out in the halls with you cause you just couldn't sit still. Church was exhausting! We couldn't wait for the day when you'd go to nursery. But then that time came and I was so scared to leave you. You did great though for the few weeks you were there, but then we moved to Centerville and it was really hard for you. You cried and cried each time we'd drop you off but after about a month and then new nursery leaders got called you fell in love. With only 3 to 4 other kids in there how could you not! Then your Dad got accepted to graduate school and we'd be moving. You were so sad to leave "Brother Bruce" and his wife Sister Tingey and Sister Brown.  Sister Brown came to visit you before we left for Nevada and I remember feeling so sad for you!  You didn't have a hard time adjusting to the new nursery in Las Vegas, but you were kind of the class "bully." After lots of biting and hitting you got over that stage and were a gem. You also started sitting through Sacrament meeting just fine when we moved to Las Vegas. You loved playing in nursery so I was quite nervous how you would do in Primary. Well, I can not say enough how AWESOME you are in there! You sing and participate and want to be the helper with everything!  I also thought that I would be a distraction to you since I'm in the primary presidency now and much to my surprise you aknowledge me and give me a cute wave every now and again and point out that I'm you mommy to others but other than that you sit and pay attention.  You know almost all the words to I am a Child of God and Choose the Right. I'm so grateful that you will now be learning so many wonderful things that Primary teaches! I know your baptism will come faster than we could ever imagine it would. That will be such a special day for you!  We love you Ryan and welcome to Primary!
Grandma Shir made this scripture bag for you and gave it to you for Christmas


January 8th

No comments: