Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Las Vegas Temple

Last week I had this really big instinct that I needed to go to the temple. It had been a really long time since I'd done a session and so I asked Chris if I could go before he went and played basketball on Saturday. That meant I had to wake up at 5 to get there for the 6:00 session. He suggested that I invite Whitney to come with me.  I normally wouldn't ask someone to go that early in the morning, but kind of funny I didn't even think twice about it with Whitney. She's got a newborn too so waking up early is pretty normal for us.  I was so glad she came, it was so fun talking without the kids and then being able to enjoy the temple together. I snapped a quick picture as we walked in. The sun wasn't quite up yet, but when we got out it sure was. We got a picture of us, but I look scary. I woke up a little late and didn't put any makeup on and it's super overexposed cause I forgot to change the settings when I gave it to the person to take the picture. (which by the way was someone I went to high school with)
I love the Temple. No matter what is going on in life it really is a place we can escape to. Whitney commented how nice it would be to have that type of silence at home. Agreed, but then I got to thinking later that I guess that's when our personal study time(and prayer) comes in. I am totally lacking in that area and really need a boost. I always put other things first and I shouldn't. 
I got called to teach the Valiant 11 class in primary and last week I taught for the first time.  I was kind of hoping that I wouldn't be teaching since that is all Chris and I have done since we've been married. I actually don't love it to be honest. But then Chris reminded me that 90% of callings in the Church are teaching. I've never taught in Primary, but I just have 4 girls and 3 of them go to Young Women's. Just 2 of them where there on Sunday and they were really fun.  I hope I can be a good example and teacher for them. I always get nervous when they ask me questions and I draw a blank or I don't know how to explain it in a way they would understand. It's probably just me, but I pray that I can do well at it.

1 comment:

Jiffy said...

If you and Chris ever want to go to the temple together, please ask us to babysit! We know how hard it is to find a babysitter, especially since you have no fam here. Please call us if you need a sitter, I know the temple is so so important for couples to attend toegther too. I know for Josh an I it's kinda like a reset button! haha