We've thought of a name and can't think of a middle name to go with it so that's pretty much that. We didn't finalize Ryan's name until we got to the hospital so it might just be the same situation.
She kicks quite a bit and I love it. I had an appointment last week and I just love hearing her heart beat. :) Also, no gestational diabetes for me...I was a bit worried. I ate a piece of candy on the way out.
Ryan is getting his molars. It seriously has been the longest 2 weeks ever. Last night was the first time he has slept through the night. We are tired. Ryan has been taking 2 naps a day(because he's up in the night) so I really haven't done much of anything but rest and be lazy and try and follow Ryan (a.k.a Mr. Cranky) around. Chris wakes up at 5:30 for work and works 10 hr shifts so it's been hard on him as well.
Ryan LOVES the nursery. The other day I was putting a button up shirt on him (it wasn't Sunday) and he said "church!" "I want nursery!" It was so cute. I love that he associated what he wears with going to church.
A little boy in Ryan's nursery class died a few weeks ago. I debated whether or not I should take Ryan to the viewing, but I figured he wouldn't understand and I wanted to go, so we did. When he saw Bennett in the casket he actually pointed and said "Ashton," which is his brother that's also in the nursery. For a good week during our scripture study Chris and I talked about how it would be to loose a child, the plan of salvation and just how thankful we are to be parents. Since we've moved into my parents house in May there have been 5 deaths. I think it's time we move.
My parents are serving another mission, this time at the Centerville Dry Pack. They keep themselves quite busy!
Ryan loves to sing and dance. Right now he really likes Wheels on the Bus and Happy Birthday. He's also started watching the classic Disney movies and LOVES them. Sleeping Beauty, Cinderella, Lion King and Little Mermaid. Not a classic but he loves UP too. We don't have Nick Jr. but I just found the Backyardigins on their website and now I know what all the hype is about. Very cute. Chris and I constantly have one the songs in our head.
Ry still loves his cars like crazy and lines them up everywhere in the house. He likes to carry them around in his "basket"I can't remember if I wrote this down or not, but Ry has been sleeping in a bed since December. It was a pretty easy transition. We bought a twin sized bed at Costco since we already had a mattress and we'll be using the crib for the new baby. Although she'll be in a pack and play for a little while. We took him out of the crib because he kept climbing out. The funny thing is he'll get in it now and he cry for help to get out. What??
Chris and I went to the Jazz game with Phil and Paige the other night and had a lot of fun. Yes, they lost, but it was nice to get out with friends that we don't see much. Last night we went to Brian Reagan in Logan with a friend of Chris' from BYU and his girlfriend. The show was at 10:30 pm. I was so tired! Tonight the Bells and Shaw's are coming to our house to hang out. We love every minute of spending time with them!
Chris is really liking his new job. He's learning and seeing a lot of interesting things.
I love my new Sunday school class. They are so great and it makes it fun to prepare a lesson and know that they will care and participate.
We were going to have to start paying student loans back in February, but since Chris starts school again in July they're going to let us start paying after he finishes school. YEAH!!
I have always hated doing laundry, but I have made a new goal to be better at it. I made Tuesday my laundry day. Meaning, finished and put away and then I don't have to think or look at it for a whole week. So far I'm doing pretty good. Feels good to tackle something I dislike.
My mom and I went to quite a few fabric shops to find fabric to make the baby's bedding. There are way too many choices...it was really hard. And, I'm kind of picky. I didn't want pink and of course I still wanted it to be girlie. I'm pretty excited about it. :)
Next post I'll get some pictures posted.
1 comment:
Awe! I love updates. Molars are from the devil!! Emi finally has all her teeth, thank goodness!
Potty training! good luck! just my advise from training emi. If she doesn't go, she doesn't wash. she really likes to use public restrooms for some odd reason,(gross! i know) so she will say she needs to go, just to sit on the potty. but what i do, do....is give her some hand sanitizer...maybe a minute or so after we exit. so she gets cleaned but not "rewarded" for doing nothing. Like i said...good luck!
Post a Comment