Tuesday, January 25, 2011

oh my goodness


Tonight, Chris and I were sitting on the couch with Ryan just hanging out before we put him to bed. Chris pulled his computer out and started looking at his facebook. I obviously didn't care too much about that so I turned my attention to Ryan. Next thing I know Chris is freaking out and I look over and he's on his email and all I see is "Congratulations!" What!!! Is this really happening?!! It's so funny because we were supposed to find out about 3 weeks ago, but the school decided to wait until the end of the month to make the final decisions. They said they would send an email if he got accepted and so he has been pretty obsessed with checking it. He got off work at 3:15 and said he hadn't checked it since then so it was around 8:30 when he checked his email again and so it was totally unexpected for both of us! I was so glad I was able to be there at the same time! We hugged, Chris cried and I screamed! So many pleading prayers for a very long time have really been answered!! I am so happy for Chris, this is what he has wanted more than anything(besides having a little girl! haha)! He deserves it. It will be hard. For both of us in different ways, but we can do it! It has been so hard to be patient and I hate the unknown so I'm glad that part is over. Well, at least now we can move forward a little. It will still be a huge unknown, but we have faith that the Lord will help us if we are righteous and rely on him. Chris and I have really tried to focus more on our marriage this past year and focus more on the basics. Consistent couples prayer and scripture study. It has made all the difference and I have a strong testimony that doing these things really does make you happier, stronger, and more spiritually prepared to face all challenges in life.
I am so excited!! Now, how are we going to pay for this?....

11 comments:

LindsMcConk said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! I agree about hating the unknown, so I'm glad you guys can start making plans... You'll do great! I'm excited for both of you!!! Good luck :)

LindsMcConk said...

P.S. I just looked it up and realized that's pretty close to where we lived for a few months last summer! I really think you'll love living there!!! I'm so excited for you!

RJamie said...

Congratulations! I'm so excited for you, but we are going to miss you like crazy. Better Vegas than across the country though.

deemom said...

WE ARE SO EXCITED FOR YOU ALL..... all 4 of you... I had William a week AFTER Uncle David started his MBA... CALL ME SERIOUSLY There are so many things to tell you and help you with.... oh and we lived 2,500 miles from ANY FAMILY!!!!! SO YOU ARE SO BLESSED.... love aunt deedee

Anonymous said...

We got pretty emotional at our house too!

Love you, MOM

Cal and Whit said...

Huzzah!! Congratulations you guys! This is awesome. We are very excited for you!

Ashlee said...

Wow! Off to Nevada! Congratulations! What exciting news! I remember how it felt when we got Corey's acceptance letter. Big, BIG deal!

Blake and Audra said...

YAY!! Congratulations to your cute family!! I'm excited for you guys! BTW... I needed to hear what you said at the very end. With Blake being out of a job for the past 5 months, it's been tough and there are some things I think we could work on. So, thank you and Congrats!!!

Chelsey said...

CONGRATULATIONS! It's the best feeling when all of your hard work is rewarded! And, all I can say, is...get ready for student loans!!!

Hailey Smoot Kandell said...

congrats! SO exciting for you! WHat an adventure!

Shannon and Derek said...

YEAH! Way to go Chris! I am so happy for you guys. All of your hard work and patience paid off!