Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Honey-Lime Chicken Enchiladas

Honey-Lime Chicken Enchiladas
1/2 cup honey
1/4 cup lime juice
1 Tablespoon chili powder(I used all of this and it was fine for us but if you like a little less kick use less)
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1 1/2 pounds chicken, cooked and shredded or cubed(I used the rotisserie one from Costco)

Stir together honey, lime juice, chili powder and garlic powder until combined. Add chicken and let sit in the marinade for at least 30 minutes.

2(10 oz) cans green enchilada sauce
1 cup half & half
flour tortillas(I used the uncooked ones and just cooked them right before. I don't think they would have tasted as good if I would have made them with the cooked ones but just a thought)
shredded Colby jack cheese(at least 8oz)

Mix enchilada sauce with half & half. Spread 3/4 cup of the sauce in the bottom of a 9x13 baking dish. Fill flour tortillas with marinated chicken and shredded cheese, roll-up, then place side-by-side in baking dish. Pour remaining enchilada sauce over the top of the enchiladas and top with more cheese. Bake at 350 degrees for 25 to 30 min.
*We added sour cream on top and it was the icing on the cake-yum!
*The recipe didn't say how many tortillas you would need but a 9x13 dish held about 10. I had left over chicken so I made a smaller dish with the rest. I'm sure I could have just added more chicken to each tortilla to have avoided this.

No comments: