Thursday, January 13, 2011

+1 boy, 1 girl +

We had our ultrasound yesterday and after much anticipation we saw that we're having a girl! Everything else(the most important part!) looks fabulous and no signs of anything wrong. I loved hearing her heart beat and seeing her little arms and legs move. I am so thankful to be a mother, it really is such an amazing part of life that I am so glad I get to experience. A few weeks ago Chris and I were talking and he said if we have a girl she is going to be wrapped around his finger so tight he might forget about Ryan. Haha he's pretty loud and full of energy, I'm positive we won't forget about Ryan! Whom,by the way I love like crazy and can't get enough of his giggles and big "boyness!"
Yesterday, I dragged Chris and Ryan to the baby store just so I could finally look at the girl stuff! I didn't buy anything, but it sure was fun looking! And, today I went to the fabric store...thank goodness my mom knows how to sew because now I have a darn good reason to get some super cute fabric. I'm really liking the Michael Miller fabrics. Who knows, I change my mind so much that I'm sure I'll find something else next week!
While I was taking a shower this morning, I was thinking that I really had to take a quick shower because I left Ryan in his room with my phone so he could watch a movie and then I heard him scream so I ran out of the shower and found him up on the dresser and he couldn't get down. Oh my gosh, will I ever get to shower with two kids!? I can't even do it peacefully with 1! Other mothers have survived so I'm sure I will too.
I really want to get a good double stroller since it will be summer when she is born and Ryan loves going on walks and being outside in general. If anyone has any suggestions please let me know!

7 comments:

Jiffy said...

Hey Karen...about the stroller my pick is the sit and stand stroller! They are awesome because they hold both kids but are not gigantic!

Jiffy said...

Oh....and CONGRATS!!! Girls are so fun to shop for!!!

deemom said...

Talk to April she has had many strollers, doubles, triples, singles. you name it. WAHOO WE LIKE GIRLS!!!! We are so excited for you all. Now Miss Ivy Ann will have another girl cousin JUST the same age. Grandma Luella is getting at least 4 little girl great-great granddaughters all in one year... Margueritte Westover last August, Shayleigh Osborne (Gina's granddaughter) in December, Ivy Ann Whitlark (WiL and Tabby)in April and new new Miss Harris in June, AND A BIG SURPRIZE in June too. HOW'S THAT FOR A BUNDLE OF PINK.... love aunt deedee

Ashlee said...

Wow! How exciting! Congratulations!

Britney said...

Congratulations! So so fun!

Eddie and Amber said...

yay for a girl...lucky you! you get one of each.

Chelsey said...

Congrats, congrats, CONGRATS! I am so excited for you! A girl will be so fun...just think of all the cute clothes & bows you will have to buy!