4 days after we got home from D.C. we went to California. Lots of movies, snacks,hand holding, and laughing made the drive more tolerable. Kaytlyn was awesome in the car and Ryan was good. :)


We left around 7:30 PM to drive to California on Thursday night. Kaytlyn and Ryan had fun being silly in the car until it came time to fall asleep. Ry had the hardest time ever, and sweet Kaytlyn just covered her ears and tried to sleep. We stopped in St. George to give Breanne some things. We got to Dan and Sandy's house around 1:30 AM and put the kids straight to bed. Of course they were up at 6! Sandy was so sweet to make us French toast for breakfast and we were on our way. We stopped at Costco for gas and to get ice for the cooler. We had a potty break a couple hours in and got the kids an ice cream cone from DQ. We let them run around for 15 min. or so and then got back on the road. Within 10 min. they were out cold! Ry slept for 2 1/2 hours which was about 20 min. short of when we arrived at the hotel. So we got situated and told the kids we were going swimming after we ate lunch. I made pb&j while Chris got Ry's bathing suit on. While Ryan was busy playing with his cars he decided to poop--in his swim diaper Not the disposable type either. So, I get Chris to help me pull his diaper off over the toilet, and wipe him down. Meanwhile Kaytlyn is very interested; asking lots of questions and watching us the whole time. Next thing I know she's puked blue nasty on the carpet. I thought she was sick but Chris asked her if seeing Ryan's poop made her sick and indeed it had so I'm glad that she wasn't sick. They continued to jump on the king sized bed and then we headed for a quick trip to the pool.
We left around 7:30 PM to drive to California on Thursday night. Kaytlyn and Ryan had fun being silly in the car until it came time to fall asleep. Ry had the hardest time ever, and sweet Kaytlyn just covered her ears and tried to sleep. We stopped in St. George to give Breanne some things. We got to Dan and Sandy's house around 1:30 AM and put the kids straight to bed. Of course they were up at 6! Sandy was so sweet to make us French toast for breakfast and we were on our way. We stopped at Costco for gas and to get ice for the cooler. We had a potty break a couple hours in and got the kids an ice cream cone from DQ. We let them run around for 15 min. or so and then got back on the road. Within 10 min. they were out cold! Ry slept for 2 1/2 hours which was about 20 min. short of when we arrived at the hotel. So we got situated and told the kids we were going swimming after we ate lunch. I made pb&j while Chris got Ry's bathing suit on. While Ryan was busy playing with his cars he decided to poop--in his swim diaper Not the disposable type either. So, I get Chris to help me pull his diaper off over the toilet, and wipe him down. Meanwhile Kaytlyn is very interested; asking lots of questions and watching us the whole time. Next thing I know she's puked blue nasty on the carpet. I thought she was sick but Chris asked her if seeing Ryan's poop made her sick and indeed it had so I'm glad that she wasn't sick. They continued to jump on the king sized bed and then we headed for a quick trip to the pool.
Ryan showing us his muscles in his swim diaper...before the accident.
After the pool we got ready while the kids watched Yo Gabba Gabba and ate snacks. We decided to go walk around Downtown Disney and eat at the Rainforest Cafe.
I love this picture--such a candid moment.
They have live bands at night. We watched a Jazz band. Kaytlyn LOVED it! Even the drummer couldn't stop watching her. 






No comments:
Post a Comment