Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Peanut Butter Squares


I would have to say this is one of my most favorite treats that my mom made growing up. For sure I will continue to make them until I can't bake anymore.
Peanut Butter Squares
1 lb powdered sugar
1 2/3 cup(one inner pkg) graham cracker crumbs-fine
1 cup(2 sticks) butter, melted
1 1/4 cup smooth peanut butter
1 1/2 cup chocolate chips(semi-sweet or milk or combination of both)
Combine sugar and crumbs. Mix in melted butter. Add peanut butter(using your hands works best) Pat the mixture into a jelly roll size pan about 11x17. Roll with a glass to make even. Melt chocolate chips in microwave. 1 min on power 5-then stir repeat 2 or 3 times. Don't over cook!! Spread over PB mixture. Chill until chocolate is firm. Eat your heart out. :)

1 comment:

Marissa said...

Thanks for posting this recipe! Jake is obsessed with peanut butter. We made them and we love 'em. Yum!