Thursday, September 30, 2010

Day 4: part 1

Saturday, we spent the first part of the morning at Value Village. This is my grandmothers second home. It's a thrift store---but not just any thrift store. It's amazing!! They seriously have really really good stuff. We were here for 2 hours and could have spent more time. We only brought a carry on each so we couldn't buy too much extra. We got: a skirt, women's blazer, 2 men's dress shirts, 1 tie, baseball mitt for Ry, Halloween costume, funky witch hat, two new long sleeve shirts for Ryan and a new sweatshirt.

After the Village we went back to grandmom's to eat lunch. On Friday she and Tess went to Baltimore to get crab cakes at G&H. These aren't just any crab cakes, they are heavenly. They are huge and so delicious. They are one of the top rated places to get crab cakes. Grandmom usually has Cheerwine at her house as well. She has Dennis pick it up for her in North Carolina.

Since I don't get to see grandmom very much I really wanted to take some picture of her and things around her house that just remind me of my childhood. She always has a beautiful garden.


I spotted her picking up trash in the street--with a smile on her face. It was cute!

The infamous back porch! We ate breakfast here every day. Frosted Flakes...you always eat frosted flakes at grandmom's.
I remember as a child that my step-grandfather whom we always called Charles, would sit on the porch and smoke.
She loves Suzy Zoo and collecting Hummles.


She still writes on a typewriter. I love getting notes and cards from her in the mail. They always bring you back in time a little. :)

On Sunday's after church we would go to her house and we would always have a Little Debbie. She's still keeps them in her cupboard, it made me so giddy to open it up and see those!

1 comment:

Eddie and Amber said...

awww... this made me miss gma! I'm glad you were able to document your stay at your gma's.