Thursday, July 1, 2010

Motherhood: An Eternal Partnership with God

There are so many other things I was wanting/needing to blog about, but when I watched this tonight it just made me reflect a lot about being a mom and where I am spiritually with God and if he has chosen me to raise his children am I relying on him for strength and knowledge like I should? I loved the part where he says "...and I tell you there is nothing more important in this world than participating so directly in the work and glory of God."

Rely on Him

Rely on Him Heavily

Rely on Him Forever

So really there is nothing more important than just being the best mom you can be for your children, and the best way I can do that is by relying on Heavenly Father and being spiritually prepared for whatever faces me. I want this for my children more than anything. I want them to see me as someone who prays for them and loves them unconditionally and that I have a relationship with Heavenly Father. And when I am down or frustrated, I want them to know that I turn to Him for guidance. Being a mother has brought me so much joy, but I've also had many days of heartache and frustration. (um...Ryan's only "two" I don't even WANT to think about the teenage years. Should I start praying in advance for a smooth teenage adventure? )

3 comments:

LindsMcConk said...

What an amazing video.. I love how you are always in tune with the spirit, and I appreciate your sweet quotes and reminders of what matters most. Thanks so much for posting this!

The Shupes said...

I love Elder Holland, I am so grateful for living Prophets and Apostles. That gave me a good boost for the day. I just need to remember that more often, God is on our side and wants probably way more than us for our children to be happy. Thanks for posting this, someone else had it one their blog and I didn't watch it.

Scott and Chelsey said...

i'm with ya girl! Thanks for the great message for the day! You should do more!