Tuesday, June 2, 2009

George Washington

A few weeks ago we went to Chris' parents community pool. This was Ryan's second time going to the pool and I thought he would love it...but he wasn't too interested that day. He seemed pretty comfy in the float though. Natalie and Seth came with us and it was really relaxing. Did you ever do the "Presidents Hairdo" or what we'd call the "George Washington?" We had fun reminiscing...
We got a season pass to Seven Peaks this year and it has been a blast. I've gone with my friend Allisan a few times and Amber and Jessica came with us yesterday. Ryan LOVES it. His favorite thing to do is crawl around in the wave pool in the very shallow part at the beginning. I know it has a name but I can't think of it right now. I haven't had a chance to take any pictures yet, but I will!

{memorial day weekend}

So on 5/24/09 a Sunday we were planning on going to the Harris' for our usually family dinner fun. We had requested a breakfast dinner because Shirley makes some to die for Biscuits and Gravy among other delectables. We had invited Seth and Nat to come with us too. So I woke up with a little headache and kind of didn't pay too much attention to it until it was getting worse and worse. I wanted to leave church so bad, but this was the first Sunday I actually had Chris watching Ryan since he got released from the bishopric the Sunday before so I wanted to be there. Chris brought Ryan home with him and I seriously could not function so I told him he would have to watch Ryan and I was going to go lay down and take some IBP. Well,I tried to sleep and couldn't. Every noise Ryan made seemed as loud as a drum being pounded right in my ear. My head hurt. I was nauseous. I just cried. Chris went home teaching and took Ryan with him since he thought I was sleeping. I couldn't take it any longer. I called my mom and she didn't answer. I called Nancy's cell and she didn't answer. I called her house and she answered! She suffers from Migraines and I didn't know if that's what I was having or not. It had been about 1 1/2 hours since I had taken the IBP and it hadn't done a thing. She suggested to go to the InstaCare and get something stronger. I called and text Chris a million times, but never got ahold of him. So I drove to the Instacare at UVRMC. Chris met me there shortly after when we finally got connected. Ryan was such a trooper. I won't go into all the detail because this could be the longest post ever! The InstaCare Dr. we were less than impressed with sent me to the E.R. to get a C.T. scan of my head because I might have a "brain tumor or aneurysm". I told the E.R. that I didn't want a C.T. scan and wanted to see the E.R. Dr. first. Seth and Nat came and sat with me in the E.R. waiting room while Chris took Ryan home and my mother-in-law came from Eagle Mtn to watch him so Chris could come back to the hospital and wait with me. 5 hours later I got a nice little shot that worked in 10 min to cure my pounding head. All in all I NEVER want a migraine again!

*MONDAY*

We had the Sunday breakfast dinner for breakfast on Monday morning. Steve and his friend John came, along with Seth and Nat. Chris and Seth fixed some kitchen drawers and Steve and John set up a mtn bike for Dad. Shirley and I took a walk with Ryan and Kaytlin around the neighborhood.

5 comments:

Britney said...

We got passes to Seven Peaks too! Maybe we'll see you there!

Eddie and Amber said...

I had no idea about your 'brain pain'!!(that's what i call migraines) I'm sorry those are the worst. If it ever happens again, call ME and I will come over and get Ryan out of your hair.

Janel said...

Ryan is too cute. I love those pictures you got of him recently. You guys are funny with your hairdos! I'm so sorry about your migraine...VERY SORRY ABOUT THE 5 HR WAIT! That weekend was the worst I've seen it, but I'm glad you were a lot better when I saw you :) I think that's the only time I've seen you in like 3 months :( out of all places too, not the best at all. Sounds like you guy had fun at the Harris and Seven Peaks too!! YAY!

Ashlee said...

Can I just say I am LOVING your new header picture?!? So cute! You guys have the best photos of him already!

Dawn said...

Karen, the same thing happened to me last winter. I ended up in the ER too not only with a CT Scan but a spinal tap! They gave me shot too and it worked great. I need to get ahold of some of that stuff!Sorry you had to suffer love you