Sunday, May 10, 2009

Dia das Maes

"this ability and willingness properly to rear children,
the gift to love, and eagerness, yes, longing to express it in soul development,
makes motherhood the noblest office or calling in the world."
david o. mckay
I have had my eye on this cook book for a few days now at Costco and Chris surprised me with it for Mother's Day and these beautiful flowers. He is always really good about picking out cute cards for me too, which I love. We will be with Chris' family for Mother's Day this year. I am so thankful for a wonderful mother-in-law who has always shown me so much love and kindness since the first day I met her. She is such an amazing women who always goes the extra mile in all that she does.
I'm excited to be able to talk to my mom on the phone at least! My mom's 60th Birthday is on Mother's Day this year. I love it when that happens! I have always learned so much from my mother and I asked her the other day how does she knows so much?! She just said that she's a lot older than me. She amazes me! She is such a strong member of the church and she has taught me how to love the temple. She is such a good friend too. She is such a fun grandmother. She is soo supportive of all of them and many many times her days would revolve around spending time with them. I know that has been the hardest part for her since they have been gone. They seem to be really happy and busy though and that is what is most important right now.


{Dia das Maes is Portuguese for Mother's Day which they celebrate on the same day there. I heard amazing news from there the other day. Lislane's husband and Dani's dad(2 people that we taught and baptized in my first area of Mooca) Benjamin got baptised in April. I would state this one as a MIRACLE! I just wish I could have been there to give him a huge hug. It was the most exciting news ever. I'm so grateful that he was able to except the spirit that he's been feeling all of these years.}

This was in March 2005 sometime. I will have to look in my journal for the exact date. Lislane went to the temple a year later with another couple that we baptized in January that same year. I was supposed to be there that day that she received her endowment and also when Marcondes and Katia were sealed with their 5 children, but I was about 8 hours away from the city so was unable to make it. Dani emailed me the other day and said that I would have to come when Lislane, Benjamin, Tiago and her are sealed. That would be one of the best days of my life if I could do that!
Marcondes, Katia and their 5 children. Renato, Robson, Rebert, Rodrigo and Michelle.

1 comment:

Diana said...

Isn't it wonderful to see the fruits of your missionary labors in Brazil? What joy! Sister Dellastatious, you will be a part of their conversion story for generations to come.