Open Faced Southwest Sandwiches
- 1 Large loaf French bread, sliced 1/2 inch thick (I have found that the soft French bread works best for eating. I found some at Allens grocery store. The most ghetto g.s. ever but who cares!)
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 c. mayonnaise
- 1/3 c. sour cream
- 1/2 c. olives chopped(optional...I never use these)
- 1/3 c. chopped green onions
- 3/4 to 1lb turkey, thinly sliced deli style (just put however many slices you want on it! Usually I do 2 or 3 thin slices)
- 2 large avocados, sliced
- 2 medium Roma tomatoes, sliced (usually 2 slices per sandwich)
- 1 1/2 c. shredded cheese(cheddar, Monterrey Jack, Colby Jack I have always used cheddar and never measure it just put however much we like!)
Place sliced bread on ungreased cookie sheet. In bowl combine olives, spices, mayonnaise, sour cream and onions. Spread half of the mixture(about 1 T on each slice) on bread. Put turkey, then sliced tomatoes on bread. Top with rest of mayo mixture. Add a slices of avocado then shredded cheese. Bake at 350 for about 15 min OR until heated through. This is one recipe you really can't mess up and it is soo worth making. They make for great leftovers too!
3 comments:
Oh my gosh.. those look absolutely amazing and I'm so hungry right now. I'm totally going to make those. Thanks for the recipie.
These look (like you said) "Yummy, Yummy, Yummy", I'm so excited to try them. Thanks for the new recipe.
Yay! I love when people post recipes! Keep 'em coming. Also I wanted to say that I loved your tulips. Tulips are my fave. Christ gets a star for being so sweet!
Post a Comment