Tuesday, July 1, 2008

JULY!!!

Just in case you can't tell what this picture is... his foot is on the left and his hand on the right playing with his toes

It's finally my favorite month of the year! I think I just love the fourth of July, watching parades,fireworks and enjoying the hot weather! This morning Chris and I had a fun experience. After hitting snooze for 40 minutes(bad habit I know!) he rolled over to tell me to get up! We were just laying there talking and he had his hand on my stomach. Our baby moves a lot and I'd have to say it is one of the coolest feelings ever. Of course he always moves when Chris and I aren't together so he has yet to feel him. But, this morning the baby hadn't been moving yet and then suddenly it gave me a nice kick right where Chris' hand was. Chris looked at me with his eyes wide open and a huge smile on his face and asked, "Was that him?" It sure was! Chris was so excited all day long! Here are a couple of ultrasounds I had last week. I was able to watch him eat and swallow which was neat. He was also playing with his feet which was really cute. It has been such a great experience being pregnant so far and I feel so blessed to become a parent.

8 comments:

Scott and Chelsey said...

Those are some great pictures! Here in FL my doctor is crap. Oh well at least I don't have to deliver here! It's so fun for them to feel them kick!

Hailey Smoot Kandell said...

How exciting, You think you love that baby now? just wait...

Eric said...

i'm so excited for you guys to have your baby! that's so neat that chris felt the baby move!!! we miss you guys!

Meredith said...

Karen!!! I'm finally commenting on your blog. Sorry it's taken so long. I feel like I haven't seen you guys in forever and we're leaving this weekend till the end of August..so we'll have to get together sometime this week. Cute overalls by the way!

Brandon and Sarah said...

Karen! I just randomly checked my old email account and saw your email --- Im so excited for you!! Congratulations on the new baby! We have a blog too - brandonandsarahburton.blogspot.com

Sarah

Josh and Melissa Shaw said...

Oh guys, those pictures are SOOO precious!I can't wait to see baby Harris. I hope you had a happy birthday Karen and had fun in St. George! We LOVE you guys!!

Janel said...

Awwww I love the one where he's playing with his feet!! That is too cute!!

Callie said...

I haven't seen you in forever! How are you? I love all your pictures! I found you through Dani. Congrats on being pregnant. I'm so excited for you.
Callie
lynnandcallieanderson.blogspot.com