Thursday, October 11, 2012

Recipes

Today's post for now will have to be some recipes I've made over the past couple of months. Let's just say, I like to try new things a lot. Looking at this list, I've tried a lot of desserts lately. Better back off on that since it's not that healthy. Thankfully though, I try the desserts and then give them to Chris to take to school or share with my neighbors. Most of the time... :)

Chili
Made this just yesterday. I didn't feel like making it in the crock pot so I just did it on the stove. It was soo good and really good for you!

Took a bit of practice to get it down, but the ones that worked were really good. 
This dough was seriously so amazing. It's kind of funny because I didn't read the recipe all the way through and found out it needed to rise for an hour after I had started. "Ok," I thought, "That will be fine, it's 4:40 we'll eat around 6:00." Oh it had 2 rise times! A whole other hour! Well, I decided to just stick it in my garage to rise faster and it did, but just be aware that it takes a little while. But man, it's so good! 
I finally got the guts to try a different bread recipe. This one used a few different ingredients than the recipe that I've been using for a while. I've enjoyed it, but keep meaning to tweak some things cause I like mine a bit more dense. Still a really good recipe! 

I LOVED these! Chris said he likes the original ones better though.


BBQ Pork - We use Sweet Baby Rays BBQ Sauce
French Bread Rolls-This is the first time I've ever made rolls and they were really yummy

I renamed this because I've made this with the Quinoa and the Couscous and I like it better with the Quinoa. Chris and I both loved this-totally unexpected flavor that was so good. 


This was soooo GOOD. Both of my kids  and I gobbled it up!

Pear and Sage Stuffed Pork Chops
Healthy and yummy!

tried both flavors. It was tasty! 

Low Calorie Smoothies
I was in Sam's Club and picked up a Cooking Light magazine and found these recipes that I wanted to try. Didn't really think about it till later that I should have just bought the magazine cause I LOVE smoothies and now I just have to squint and look at these pictures on my phone. MY FAVORITE on is the PINEAPPLE PINA COLA. Because I use frozen bananas and pineapple I don't add ice and I actually didn't have the pineapple juice when I first made this so I just used water and thought it was so great that I'm not gonna bother trying the juice.*Side note while I'm on the topic of smoothies* I'm still loving my protein shakes after a weight lifting work out but I decided to lower the calorie of them by using powdered peanut butter. It's 85% less fat and still gives you that peanut butter flavor. ALSO, the best thing that I ever found on Pinterest was the tip to blending spinach leaves and pouring them into ice cube trays and freezing. I was getting sick of buying spinach all the time! I also started adding cottage cheese which does take a little getting used to but now I don't even notice and quite like it. :)


YUMMY!! I've heard cinnamon chips are hard to find, but I just went to Walmart and found them without any problem. Well, I went the next week to get some more to have on hand and they were gone! I mean there was only one box when I went before, but I figured since it's fall there wouldn't be a problem finding them. Well, I tried a few other stores and nothing! I broke down and called Albertsons up the street from me. I hardly ever think about that store cause it's so expensive, but they had them! My mom ran up and got some bags for us to split. 

Recipes from the new OUR BEST BITES cookbook that aren't on their website:

Roasted Butternut Squash Pasta with Pumpkin Sauce pg 172

Cheesy Chicken Enchiladas pg 28
Made these for the missionaries last week. I usually don't try new recipes on other people but that's just what I happened to be in the mood for. Thank goodness I thought they were AMAZING! Maybe 'cause I don't remember the last time I made enchiladas. Chris said there was a good amount of cumin in them. Not that he didn't like it just something he noticed. 

Creamy Fruit Mousse pg 42
Now, these looked and sounded pretty good. I actually made it at night and so the kids didn't know I had made it nor do they even still! I couldn't make the whip topping that went with it cause you can't put that in the fridge. I chose to make peach and it was good, but I think it defiantly needed the whip topping.  

No comments: