I always have to listen to music when I work out. I'd pick that over watching the T.V. or reading a book. It has to have a fast beat and something I don't get sick of since I listen to it every day!(down 20 lbs. BTW)
I wish more than anything Chris or I knew how to play an instrument. I will learn someday though. :)
Since being in the Primary I have come to LOVE many of the newer songs. If I Listen With My Heart (2011) and this year's, As A Child Of God. A while back I was looking up some music on DeseretBook.com and I found this CD.(Popcorn Bopping) I ended up getting it on iTunes cause it was cheaper. It was RIGHT up our alley! Well, I got the Deseret Book ad in the mail today and showing a new one called Scripture Power! I went straight to iTunes and bought it(saw that it came out yesterday actually) I've been listening to it for the last hour. I LOVE IT. My favorite song that I hadn't heard before is called, The Family is of God. It's from The Friend magazine a few years ago. I think I'm gonna make it our "Family Song." I can add our last name to the chorus. :)
1. Our Father has a family. It’s me!
It’s you, all others too: we are His children.
He sent each one of us to earth, through birth,
To live and learn here in fam’lies.
2. A father’s place is to preside, provide,
To love and teach the gospel to his children.
A father leads in fam’ly prayer to share
Their love for Father in Heaven.
3. A mother’s purpose is to care, prepare,
To nurture and to strengthen all her children.
She teaches children to obey, to pray,
To love and serve in the fam’ly.
4. I’ll love and serve my family and be
A good example to each fam’ly member.
And when I am a mom or dad, so glad,
I’ll help my fam’ly remember:
[Chorus]
God gave us families to help us become what He wants us to be—
This is how He shares His love, for the fam’ly is of God.
Each verse is so important!
1.I love that the first verse explains where we came from,that God is our Father and the simple yet profound purpose of our family.
2.This verse reminded me exactly of the Family Proclamation. What a special role a Father has and not an easy one at that.
3.I obviously love the line that pertains to me and what hit me the most was that I am to nurture and strengthen all my children. I guess I take that as no mater where or what my children choose to do in their lives I am to care for them all, no matter what. If I've taught them what the rest of the song says, CARE, PREPARE, OBEY, PRAY, LOVE, SERVE the family, then I've done what the Lord has asked.
4.And I think what helps a family stick together is having love and serving each other. Putting our children first and then, them putting each other first. At any age! And what is even better is that it teaches the kids that they can strive to do these things as parents on day.
And all of this is to BECOME what HE wants us to be!


1 comment:
Love that song, we sang it in the primary program when i was in the presidency!
Post a Comment