Wednesday, January 4, 2012

The big 26!

Chris turned 26 on December 10!  Without sounding like I'm a horrible wife, we didn't really get to do anything "super special" for his birthday because there was a lot going on the weekend of his b-day.  Friday we were all planning on going to mutual with Chris since it was an 'anyone can come' kind of thing. Chris took Ryan along to see the live nativity at Opportunity Village.  Ryan came home and told me he saw baby Jesus and some animals. Paige and I ended up not going because it was too cold, so I ran to Costco and picked up a red velvet cake. Saturday morning Paige, Ryan and I went to Chad's awesome birthday party. Lightening McQueen, Pizza, Park, Cake,Goody Bag. RY WAS IN HEAVEN. :) Chris stayed home and studied for a big test he had to take on the following Monday. Studying on your birthday takes a lot of self discipline! After naps and hanging out we went to our Ward Christmas party. I signed up to take a potato dish(I chose to make Sweet Potato Soufflé)which I had prepared the night before. We had a great time, and even came home with a 5 gallon tub of vanilla ice cream!  Which takes me to all the things we have done with the tub of ice cream in the last week. Well, we made a chocolate, banana, peanut butter milkshake, we took it to family home evening, we had the neighbors over for cake and ice cream on Sunday, and Cynthia is using it for Sophia's birthday party tomorrow.  So glad it's getting good use!




Back tracking a bit. On Friday I had text Chris to see if he could go out to an early dinner before mutual but he said he needed to study. So I felt bad that I wasn't able to take him out for any special meal. So, on his birthday I decided to have a birthday breakfast with Rhodes Cinnamon Rolls, candles and all. Ryan and I got him a few gifts which included a Touro fleece blanket, cologne, and a shirt.

No comments: