Saturday, November 12, 2011

"It's not as bad as it looks, Karen"


Kaytlyn and Ryan went to the park with Ashley and Ry fell while playing in a tunnel. The result ended in a lot of blood and large gash on his head. We debated wether or not it needed stitches, and we decided not to go, mainly because we weren't sure if our Nevada ins. would cover it.  Not that we wouldn't have paid for it, but since it wasn't life or death we thought it would be ok. We called Jason and talked it over with him which helped us ease some nervousness.  Shirley, Paige and I were at home and Ashley called the house asking if we could come get her at the park. We told her just to drive home and it would be ok. Shirley went out to the car since I was busy with Paige and she yelled inside to the house, "Now, Karen it looks a lot worse than it is."  Head wound=lots of blood.  Ashley used her shirt while at the park to control some of the bleeding.  So sweet of her. :)  The part that was soo sad, is when I was holding him while he was crying he said in the sweetest voice, "Mommy, I want my binkie."  He had been "off" it for 2 weeks by than. (never blogged about that, I forgot I guess) I just held him closer and got his blanket for him.  No bandaid would stay because of his hair and we didn't think about liquid bandaid until later that night which helped a little.  A week later he fell again while doing something at my parents, I can't remember what exactly, but it reopened and so we had to start all over again.  It's totally healed up now, there is just a bump on his head.  October 14th.

1 comment:

Mandi Roth said...

poor guy!!! glad he was ok, and not hurt too bad.