Tuesday, November 8, 2011

I'm "Tree"


Ryan's birthday was on Saturday, October 1st. I wanted to have a small party with the neighbor kids, but then I found out that Ella's birthday was just a couple of days later so I asked Tina if she wanted to have a party together. It was a little crazy with 15 kids and 14 adults, but we had fun. We had a simple BBQ with hamburgers, hot dogs, chips, watermelon and drinks. We did a superhero theme and although I saw a MILLION cute cute ideas, I couldn't afford to do them all so here's what I came up with. Chris wore a Green Lantern shirt, I wore a Captain America one and Ryan a Superman shirt.  My sister-in-law Jamie made the invites, and these cute cake toppers that I didn't end up using on the cake but in the center piece instead. She was so nice to take the time and do them for me, she's amazing. :)  I went to the comic store and got 25 cent comic books and cut out the banner and table runner.  My mom made ALL the kids capes and I am hitting myself right now for not getting a picture of the kids all together. It was soo crazy. They turned out really cute though and my mom was so sweet to whip them up so fast for me.  We rented a Spiderman bounce house and had a piƱata. I made both kids their own little personal cake. Ryan's frosting color looked funny so I didn't take a picture but Ella's turned out a little better.  Ryan got TONS of presents sent from family at home and our neighbors spoiled him as well.  Thank goodness his birthday is over conference weekend because he was totally content staying inside all day on Sunday.
That morning we set out the presents he got from family on the table so that he would see them when he woke up. He was super excited! Then we fixed breakfast and got ready for the party. Friday night we had the bounce house delivered and the kids wanted to "try it out before the party." They could have jumped all night. Except we had to bribe Ryan to get in and then we had to bribe him to get out!

Breakfast Waffles....he could eat them for every meal. We told Ryan he was three today and whenever anyone asked him how old he was he would still say 2. But now he's figured it out after us telling him a few times more and now he'll say he's "tree."


Getting ready for the Spiderman pinata.  Ryan had no clue what he was doing, but figured it out by the third hit.

Cythina helped with Paige a ton and Paige ended up falling asleep on her.  I forgot to mention that it ended up raining really hard(typical for Vegas), but it was perfect timing. We had finished dinner and the kids were outside playing, so when it started to rain we brought them in to do cake and ice cream. 20 minutes later they were back out again. Then we had to bring them back inside to do presents. Then we headed out to do the pinata and jump in the bounce house again. We had a really fun time seeing the kids having a blast and I loved seeing Ryan understand that it was his special day. A few pics from my phone:

Joe and Jenny gave him the cutest shoes ever!  I am so glad because he really really needed shoes, so it was perfect. Below is him playing with the Cars play dough set he got from the Leighters.
And the messiness we had all of Sunday. Some of the gifts he got were:  a tent, two sets of legos, shark hot wheels set, clothes, remote control L.M., Cars2 track, Cars2 cars, piggy bank, books, batman car, and a bike from us.  He loved it ALL. Thanks everyone!   

No comments: