Wednesday, November 16, 2011

'Cause I was thinking about it

 Because we have travertine floors, this little puppy is perfect!  I'd like to call it a glorified dust buster.  Great for a quick spill clean up or a saturday vacuum job on carpet or hard floor. Cordless and rechargeable battery.
WE LOVE, LOVE, LOVE our electric pressure cooker! So fast and so perfect for our family. We've made  many things in it, but I'd have to say our favorites are this Quinoa recipe(we put it in tortillas topped with sour cream, avocado, and tomatoes. I don't add the cilantro or cayenne pepper and I use chicken broth not vegetable.)
And Brazilian black beans. Don't have a recipe link but have just talked to a few Brazilians and over time have figured how to make them yummy.

Brazilian Black Beans-Harris Style
Place in Electric Pressure Cooker
1 lb black beans. Washed and drained. (You don't need to soak them at all!)
8 cups of water
1 bay leaf
2 tsp oil per cup of beans(to prevent foaming)
Cook for 28-32 min. I do mine for 30.
Natural Pressure release for 5-10 min
Then do quick pressure release.

While beans are cooking I sauté the following in a large pan. I just put however much I want but I would say it's about this much:
1- 1 1/2 cloves of garlic
1/2-3/4 cup chopped onion
2 pieces of bacon
1-2 Sazon seasoning packet

When the beans are done, transfer them to the pot. Get a mesh strainer and lightly mash with a fork about a cup of beans over the pot and then return to them to pot.  This helps to thicken the broth. Boil for 10 min or till the thickness you like.
Serve over rice. Chris adds Farofa, and I like to eat mine with a banana. So yummy. Don't forget to have Pao de Queijo, and Guarana.

No comments: